PhotoBanter.com

-   -   enlarger strand w/o enlarger itself? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=83656)

[email protected] July 20th 07 10:32 PM

enlarger strand w/o enlarger itself?

I am looking to purchase an adjustable stand for a camera which would
function exactly like an enlarger stand. A cheap enlarger is $200, but
I would hate to buy an enlarger and throw away the enlarger istelf to
keep the stand. Where can I buy the stand separatetly?

Nervous Nick July 20th 07 10:43 PM

On Jul 20, 4:32 pm, wrote:
I am looking to purchase an adjustable stand for a camera which would
function exactly like an enlarger stand. A cheap enlarger is $200, but
I would hate to buy an enlarger and throw away the enlarger istelf to
keep the stand. Where can I buy the stand separatetly?

Look for a "copy stand".

HTH.

--
YOP...

Allen July 21st 07 01:31 AM

wrote:
I am looking to purchase an adjustable stand for a camera which would
function exactly like an enlarger stand. A cheap enlarger is $200, but
I would hate to buy an enlarger and throw away the enlarger istelf to
keep the stand. Where can I buy the stand separatetly?

What you want is a copy stand. You should be able to find one for a
small fraction of $200; a Google search for the exact phrase showed
111,000 hits. You might also check Goodwill, thrift shops etc for an
enlarger that you could convert for much less than $200. Good luck with
your search.
Allen

Nervous Nick July 21st 07 01:36 AM

On Jul 20, 7:31 pm, Allen wrote:
wrote:
I am looking to purchase an adjustable stand for a camera which would
function exactly like an enlarger stand. A cheap enlarger is $200, but
I would hate to buy an enlarger and throw away the enlarger istelf to
keep the stand. Where can I buy the stand separatetly?

What you want is a copy stand. You should be able to find one for a
small fraction of $200; a Google search for the exact phrase showed
111,000 hits. You might also check Goodwill, thrift shops etc for an
enlarger that you could convert for much less than $200. Good luck with
your search.
Allen

Thanks, Allen.

--
YOP...

[email protected] July 21st 07 05:10 AM

enlarger strand w/o enlarger itself?

Thanks a lot, all! I found an appropriate copy stand at BandH.