PhotoBanter.com

-   35mm Photo Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   More 1st hand news about Agfa Photo terminating soon. (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=50452)

ThomasH October 21st 05 06:02 PM

More 1st hand news about Agfa Photo terminating soon.

This news was also brought up by dPreview, but their link went
into some sort of URL forwarder and never went to the DW.

This is the German news in English translation. The ill fated
attempt to run a film business, separate from the remaining
operations of Agfa-Gevaert never really took off.

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,...746786,00.html

I think that the heading of the top image is very fitting:

"No longer the first choice in cameras, or film..."

In such situation, as the much smaller 3rd in the race behind
Fuji and Kodak, a new film based operation was doomed in the
first place.

I regret it very much, RSX-II or the CT-Precisa were clearly my
preferred slide materials for outdoor photography. I simply do
not like the Provia/Sensia color balance and their a bit too
sterile looking green...

Thomas

Joseph Kewfi October 21st 05 06:12 PM

More 1st hand news about Agfa Photo terminating soon.

I regret it very much, RSX-II or the CT-Precisa were clearly my
preferred slide materials for outdoor photography.

I like those emulsions also, I have frozen stocks, so should be alright for
a little while longer.