PhotoBanter.com

-   35mm Photo Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Nikon F2as and pre AI lenses (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=105304)

Bill Graham April 3rd 09 06:37 AM

Nikon F2as and pre AI lenses

"goldtech" wrote in message
Hi,

Been trying to understand the compatibility issues of nikkor lens/
nikon camers.

Say I have a Nikon f2as DP-12 finder. If I use a pre AI lens it would
work but I would have stop-down light metering?

But if I used a pre-AI lens on a Nikon F Photomic then the metering
would be that the lens would be largest F-stop until I shoot? Or would
it be stop-down as I meter?

What would hapen if i put a Photomic finder on the F2as body?

...but the pre-AI could be serviced to make it AI?

thanks,

Lee G.

Go he
http://www.nikonians.org/nikon/slr-lens.html