PhotoBanter.com

-   General Photography Techniques (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Sorting Pictures (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=55223)

Mel Owen January 14th 06 06:03 PM

Sorting Pictures

I am making a Picture Directory for a group with about 550 pictures. I can't
figure a way to sort these pictures by name. All files have been changed to
names. I intend to download them to a disk and then have them printed.Any
advice would be appreciated

Jaqian January 19th 06 10:01 AM

Sorting Pictures

You want to sort them alphabetically?

Jaqian January 19th 06 10:03 AM

Sorting Pictures

You want to sort them alphabetically?

Francis A. Miniter January 22nd 06 04:46 PM

Sorting Pictures

Mel Owen wrote:
I am making a Picture Directory for a group with about 550 pictures. I can't
figure a way to sort these pictures by name. All files have been changed to
names. I intend to download them to a disk and then have them printed.Any
advice would be appreciated

I use film, so I first order them chronologically: e.g., 1998BW4 ## 1 - 36.

Then, if I want to name a picture, it becomes:
Falmouth Lighthouse = 1998BW4 #19. This then goes into an index.

You may want to do something similar for your digital files. Locating them

Francis A. Miniter