PhotoBanter.com

-   In The Darkroom (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Best cardboard for mounting slides? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=116498)

David Nebenzahl January 22nd 11 01:34 AM

Best cardboard for mounting slides?

On 1/21/2011 4:51 PM Ed spake thus:

Can anyone suggest the best type of cardboard used to mount color
slides? The type Kodak used is not thick--about the thickness of
regular chipboard--but much stiffer. I have a die cut for
manufacturing my own Super Slide cardboard mounts on a letterpress.

Just curious: what have you got? A windmill? Old Chandler & Price?

who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.

Jean-David Beyer January 25th 11 05:19 PM

Best cardboard for mounting slides?

Ed wrote:
I have both a Chandler & Price and a Windmill. The ones I've done so
far I hand fed on the C&P.

On Jan 21, 7:34 pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:
Just curious: what have you got? A windmill? Old Chandler & Price?

Hand feeding a C&P is pretty exciting for a beginner. I tried it for a
while but did not want to make a career of it. I hand set the type first.

^^-^^ 12:15:01 up 6 days, 20:50, 3 users, load average: 4.33, 4.43, 4.55