PhotoBanter.com

-   Digital SLR Cameras (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Need recommendation for a book on posing (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=60854)

Dave April 19th 06 03:41 AM

Need recommendation for a book on posing

Hi,

Can some recommend a book which illustrates how to pose people for
portraits. I would love a book that would show full body poses and posing
shots outside the studio. I saw a few books that show lots of upper body
indoor type portraits, but they were too focused as such.

I want to learn where, for example a model should keep her hands while
standing. Or, where her feet should be positioned.

Thanks for any and all help.

Dave

Cynicor April 19th 06 11:26 AM

Dave wrote:
Hi,

Can some recommend a book which illustrates how to pose people for
portraits. I would love a book that would show full body poses and posing
shots outside the studio. I saw a few books that show lots of upper body
indoor type portraits, but they were too focused as such.

I want to learn where, for example a model should keep her hands while
standing. Or, where her feet should be positioned.

I got this book a couple of weeks ago (it's new) and it covers hands and
feet posing extensively. I like it because it shows three or four
incremental examples so that you can see each posing technique getting
better.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1584281707/

Dave April 19th 06 11:14 PM

Need recommendation for a book on posing

Thank you! That book plus another I saw is exactly what I need.

Have a great day,
Dave

"Cynicor" wrote in message
t...

C J Southern April 20th 06 01:57 AM

Need recommendation for a book on posing

I've heard Playboy always has good examples, although I can't speak from
experience as I only used to buy it to read the articles ;)

et...

loopy livernose April 20th 06 07:57 PM

"C J Southern" wrote in message
I've heard Playboy always has good examples, although I can't speak from
experience as I only used to buy it to read the articles ;)

playboy has articles???

Tom Nelson April 20th 06 10:08 PM

Need recommendation for a book on posing

Here's a very helpful online source:
http://www.msnusers.com/Asktheolepro...ezeltsman.msnw
Tom Nelson
Tom Nelson Photography

Frank ess April 21st 06 12:15 AM

loopy livernose wrote:
"C J Southern" wrote in message
I've heard Playboy always has good examples, although I can't speak
from experience as I only used to buy it to read the articles ;)

playboy has articles???

It's a euphimism: " 'Ja see the articles on _that_ one? "

On the other article, you seen one article, you seen 'em all...

--
Frank ess