PhotoBanter.com

-   In The Darkroom (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   JG Saltzman Enlarger Roller Chain (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=58189)

[email protected] March 3rd 06 09:54 PM

JG Saltzman Enlarger Roller Chain

I've been "rebuilding" old Saltzman 8x10 enlarger. The enlarger is
chain driven with roller chains. I need just one master link.
Nonetheless when I traveled to different hardware stores and bicycle
shops I was unable to purchase the correct link. I looked to see if I
could find a standard ANSI number for it but nothing seemed to match. I
don't know if this is because it's really old or for some other odd
reason. If someone could help me with the problem I would appreciate
it. I know some people out there own some of these enlargers still.
Some might repair them. Any information would help. I'm willing to buy
a spare chain if someone has it available. Thanks.
Matthew

David Nebenzahl March 3rd 06 10:01 PM

JG Saltzman Enlarger Roller Chain

spake thus:

I've been "rebuilding" old Saltzman 8x10 enlarger. The enlarger is
chain driven with roller chains. I need just one master link.
Nonetheless when I traveled to different hardware stores and bicycle
shops I was unable to purchase the correct link. I looked to see if I
could find a standard ANSI number for it but nothing seemed to match. I
don't know if this is because it's really old or for some other odd
reason. If someone could help me with the problem I would appreciate
it. I know some people out there own some of these enlargers still.
Some might repair them. Any information would help. I'm willing to buy
a spare chain if someone has it available. Thanks.

Have you tried Grainger
(
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/start.shtml)? My catalog shows
about 10 ANSI sizes of chain and links.

--
To the arrogant putzes at NBC:

Do we call the country Italia? Is its capital Roma?
Were previous Olympics held in Moskva, Muenchen or Athine?
Do we call it the "Shroud of Torino"?

No!

So learn to speak English already and call it Turin.

- from someone's blog

Nicholas O. Lindan March 4th 06 05:47 AM

JG Saltzman Enlarger Roller Chain

wrote
I've been "rebuilding" old Saltzman 8x10 enlarger. The enlarger is
chain driven with roller chains. I need just one master link.

Try Stock Drive Products:

http://www.sdp-si.com/

Or just google for "roller chain".

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
To reply, remove spaces: n o lindan at ix . netcom . com