PhotoBanter.com

-   Digital SLR Cameras (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Lightroom: Library vs. Folders?? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=82390)

W Chan June 18th 07 02:34 AM

Lightroom: Library vs. Folders??

I have imported about 100 images into Lightroom (thru memory cards).

The panel on left side of screen shows Library = 100 images and under
Folders = 100 images.

When I select Folders, I can view the 100 images.
But under Library, I can't view the 100 images even though the left panel is
showing 100 images in the library.

I have tried right clicking the mouse anywhere on the screen and check all
the drop down menus but no success...

Anyone can help??

w.
lightroom newbie.

John McWilliams June 18th 07 05:19 AM

W Chan wrote:
I have imported about 100 images into Lightroom (thru memory cards).

The panel on left side of screen shows Library = 100 images and under
Folders = 100 images.

When I select Folders, I can view the 100 images.
But under Library, I can't view the 100 images even though the left panel is
showing 100 images in the library.

I have tried right clicking the mouse anywhere on the screen and check all
the drop down menus but no success...

Anyone can help??

You probably have a filter turned on. IAE, as there are several ways of
accessing the photos, you should be in good shape until you figure out
what filter is on and how to turn it off.

--
John McWilliams

Ryadia June 18th 07 06:38 AM

"W Chan" wrote in message
I have imported about 100 images into Lightroom (thru memory cards).

The panel on left side of screen shows Library = 100 images and under
Folders = 100 images.

When I select Folders, I can view the 100 images.
But under Library, I can't view the 100 images even though the left panel
is
showing 100 images in the library.

I have tried right clicking the mouse anywhere on the screen and check all
the drop down menus but no success...

Anyone can help??

w.
lightroom newbie.

Errr.
Load all images?

W Chan June 18th 07 05:22 PM

Lightroom: Library vs. Folders??

John..
You are EXACTLY right.. I turn off the ENABLE FILTER and all images are
shown in Library under ALL PHOTOGRAPHS... I do need to read more and find
out more about this ENABLE FILTER function though.

many thks.

w.

"John McWilliams" wrote in message
. ..
:
: The panel on left side of screen shows Library = 100 images and under
: Folders = 100 images.
:
: When I select Folders, I can view the 100 images.
: But under Library, I can't view the 100 images even though the left
panel is
: showing 100 images in the library.
:
: I have tried right clicking the mouse anywhere on the screen and check
all
: the drop down menus but no success...
:
: Anyone can help??
:
: You probably have a filter turned on. IAE, as there are several ways of
: accessing the photos, you should be in good shape until you figure out
: what filter is on and how to turn it off.
:
: --
: John McWilliams