PhotoBanter.com

-   Digital Point & Shoot Cameras (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   right group? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=28656)

brushes November 24th 04 11:28 PM

right group?

before I start asking questions I just want to check that this group is the
right one for my camera - olympus C5000z or should I be in
rec.photo.digital.zlr?

thanks

David J Taylor November 25th 04 08:53 AM

brushes wrote:
before I start asking questions I just want to check that this group
is the right one for my camera - olympus C5000z or should I be in
rec.photo.digital.zlr?

thanks

In my opinion, to be classified as a ZLR cameras would generally:

- look and feel like an SLR
- have an Electronic Viewfinder (EVF)
- have a zoom lens
- have full manual control of:
- aperture
- shutter speed
- focus
- have a hot-shoe and tripod mount
- have much more creative control than point and shoot

It's going to be a grey area for some cameras.

Any comments?

David

Robert Klemme November 25th 04 09:11 AM

"David J Taylor" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
brushes wrote:
before I start asking questions I just want to check that this group
is the right one for my camera - olympus C5000z or should I be in
rec.photo.digital.zlr?

thanks

In my opinion, to be classified as a ZLR cameras would generally:

- look and feel like an SLR
- have an Electronic Viewfinder (EVF)
- have a zoom lens
- have full manual control of:
- aperture
- shutter speed
- focus
- have a hot-shoe and tripod mount
- have much more creative control than point and shoot

It's going to be a grey area for some cameras.

Any comments?

Totally agree. Plus, as this is still a low traffic group I wouldn't
bother too much whether the C500z fits or does not fit.

Kind regards

robert

brushes November 25th 04 09:39 PM

brushes wrote:
[...]

The C5000z has most of the things listed above however I would generally
define my skill level as far below that required to make full use of them.
I'm very much a point and shoot person and compensate by having worked with
photoshop for 6 years.

so, I'll stay here then where I'll probably understand most things :)

Alan Browne November 25th 04 09:43 PM

David J Taylor wrote:

In my opinion, to be classified as a ZLR cameras would generally:

- look and feel like an SLR
- have an Electronic Viewfinder (EVF)
- have a zoom lens
- have full manual control of:
- aperture
- shutter speed
- focus
- have a hot-shoe and tripod mount
- have much more creative control than point and shoot

It's going to be a grey area for some cameras.

Pretty much agree.

-- [SI] gallery: http://www.pbase.com/shootin
-- [SI] rulz: http://www.aliasimages.com/si/rulz.html

Alan Browne November 26th 04 05:45 PM

brushes wrote:

I'm very much a point and shoot person and compensate by having worked with
photoshop for 6 years.

I would suggest that more work, effort and skils used at the time the photo is
taken is many times more valuable than photoshop...

brushes November 27th 04 11:58 AM

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
brushes wrote:

I'm very much a point and shoot person and compensate by having worked

with
photoshop for 6 years.

I would suggest that more work, effort and skils used at the time the

photo is
taken is many times more valuable than photoshop...

that depends, I get paid to work with photoshop whereas photography itself
is a new passion/interest