PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Should I learn procedural Pascal before Delphi ? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=28158)

Bob Richardson February 12th 05 08:15 PM

Should I learn procedural Pascal before Delphi ?

"Tony Polson" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi. Should I jump right into Delphi, or is it better to learn
procedural Pascal first? I'm not a total beginner; I know Javascript,
but I obviously would like to learn a more powerful language.

I think "jump into Delphi" - learn about OOP. It's easier to learn when you
have "real" projects - and you'll see results a lot faster, and more
satisfying, with Delphi.

Jamie February 13th 05 02:12 AM

Tony Polson wrote:

Hi. Should I jump right into Delphi, or is it better to learn
procedural Pascal first? I'm not a total beginner; I know Javascript,
but I obviously would like to learn a more powerful language.

Thanks,

TP

just jump into it.
Java is close enough to get you learning this very fast.