PhotoBanter.com

-   Large Format Photography Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   75mm Tominon f 4.5 (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=2571)

geo January 16th 04 03:33 PM

75mm Tominon f 4.5

Does the 75mm Tominon f 4.5 cover 4x5? Anybody know the image circle?

Natural Light Black and White Photography
http://mysite.verizon.net/geost/
-George-

Dan Fromm January 16th 04 11:29 PM

75mm Tominon f 4.5

"geo" wrote in message ...
Does the 75mm Tominon f 4.5 cover 4x5? Anybody know the image circle?

Natural Light Black and White Photography
http://mysite.verizon.net/geost/
-George-

It is a macro lens for the Polaroid MP-4 system. On the MP-4 it will
cover 4x5 at magnifications between 2:1 and 4:1, is usable on cameras
with longer bellows up to 7:1.

At infinity it won't even cover 2x3. The one I tried on 2x3 at
infinity wasn't acceptably sharp (my subjective standards) in the
center of the field at f/16 and f/22, was much worse in the corners.
There are no inexpensive wide angle lenses for large format.

Nicholas O. Lindan January 17th 04 12:42 AM

75mm Tominon f 4.5

"Dan Fromm" wrote

There are no inexpensive wide angle lenses for large format.

FWIW: The cheapest I have found are 90mm Angulons in busted shutters,
often available for $120 or so. If you have a Speed Graphic, with a
focal plane shutter it the camera, they are a good deal. Just jam
the shutter open or pull the shutter blades out with a pair of
vise grips (kidding, not much, though).

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio

stacey January 17th 04 03:44 AM

75mm Tominon f 4.5

Dan Fromm wrote:

"geo" wrote in message
Does the 75mm Tominon f 4.5 cover 4x5? Anybody know the image circle?

Natural Light Black and White Photography
http://mysite.verizon.net/geost/
-George-

It is a macro lens for the Polaroid MP-4 system. On the MP-4 it will
cover 4x5 at magnifications between 2:1 and 4:1, is usable on cameras
with longer bellows up to 7:1.

At infinity it won't even cover 2x3. The one I tried on 2x3 at
infinity wasn't acceptably sharp (my subjective standards) in the
center of the field at f/16 and f/22,

Neither is the ysaron 75mm. It covers 6X6 but at infinity isn't good, even
stopped way down. The 105mm is about the same thing, but does cover 6X9.
Both are -very- good for macro use!
--

Stacey

geo January 18th 04 04:47 PM

75mm Tominon f 4.5

"Dan Fromm" wrote in message
om...

There are no inexpensive wide angle lenses for large format.

How did you know what I was thinking? Oh well, back to the 90mm Angulon.

Dan Fromm January 19th 04 01:06 AM

75mm Tominon f 4.5

"geo" wrote in message ...
"Dan Fromm" wrote in message
om...

There are no inexpensive wide angle lenses for large format.

How did you know what I was thinking? Oh well, back to the 90mm Angulon.

Natural Light Black and White Photography
http://mysite.verizon.net/geost/
-George-

You're not the only person to suffer from wishful thinking.

Cheers,

Dan