PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Suggestions for SMALL digital camera that uses AA or AAA batteries? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=891)

Mike S. June 25th 04 01:23 AM

Suggestions for SMALL digital camera that uses AA or AAA batteries?

In article ,
John wrote:
I am interested in buying a very small digital camera about the same
size as my Canon Digital Elph S110, but I want a camera that uses AA
or AAA batteries for power. Does anyone have any suggestions?

The smallest are the 2 AA cameras, the Casio QV-R40 and Pentax S40 which
others have mentioned, are both 4MP compact cameras. Reviews on both of
these point out that their images are noisy, especially at low light levels,
and that geometric distortion is noticeable at both ends of the zoom scale.

Some others that have gotten better reviews, and whose sample images at
Steve's Digicams look much better than the Casio and Pentax:

Olympus D-580, if you don't mind using XD memory cards

Panasonic DMC-LC43 and newer -LC70 - Leica lenses, good performance, very
tempting!

Toshiba PDR-4300 - uses a Canon lens and get good reviews; a little bulky
as it uses 4 AA cells.

vivitar V3930 - i know can find nothing about this