PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Canon EOS 1Ds software question (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=815)

golden67 June 24th 04 07:28 AM

Canon EOS 1Ds software question

Has anyone a recomendation for software to use to shoot with the 1Ds
thethered to a windows laptop?

John McWilliams June 24th 04 08:43 AM

golden67 wrote:

Has anyone a recomendation for software to use to shoot with the 1Ds
thethered to a windows laptop?

Hard to beat Photoshop. The RAW plug-in alone is worth the price, at
least the price for a student discount.

--
John McWilliams

Georgette Preddy June 24th 04 02:35 PM

golden67 wrote in message . ..
Has anyone a recomendation for software to use to shoot with the 1Ds
thethered to a windows laptop?

Anything but Canon's.

golden67 June 24th 04 04:15 PM

Canon EOS 1Ds software question

Perhaps I asked the question wrong. What I am looking for is software
that I can use in the studio that will enable me to get instant
feedback while I am shooting with my camera hooked up to my PC.

Bill Hilton June 24th 04 04:22 PM

Canon EOS 1Ds software question

From: golden67

Has anyone a recomendation for software to use to shoot with the 1Ds
thethered to a windows laptop?

The Canon software that came with the camera should let you do this.

Also, Phase One Capture One Pro will do this but the Help file says you need to
have the Canon software installed first.

I have the 1Ds but haven't tried it tethered yet or I'd offer more help.

Bill

Bill Hilton June 24th 04 04:54 PM

Canon EOS 1Ds software question

From: golden67

Perhaps I asked the question wrong. What I am looking for is software
that I can use in the studio that will enable me to get instant
feedback while I am shooting with my camera hooked up to my PC.

Yeah, I got that ... check the "EOS-1Ds Software Instructions" Manual that
shipped with your 1Ds, specifically Ch 5 "Operating the Camera from Your
Computer" describing how to use the RemoteCapture software that came on the
disk. It's all there ... I haven't tried it with mine but it sounds like it's
simple enough.

Bill

golden67 June 24th 04 11:12 PM

Canon EOS 1Ds software question

Thanks Bill,
I tried that after my last posting it works but leaves something
to be desired. I couldn't get it to give me fullsized files to view
without going through several steps with each shot. I'm now trying a
Demo version of DSLR Remote.Pro from Breeze Systems. I am very happy
with it.
Thanks
Again

Albert On 24 Jun 2004 15:54:22 GMT, dy (Bill

[BnH] June 25th 04 01:08 AM

Canon EOS 1Ds software question

PhaseOne C1 DSLR ?

=bob=