PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Recommendation Request: Good PnS Digital (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=109167)

bugbear October 20th 09 09:35 AM

Recommendation Request: Good PnS Digital

wrote:
Greetings All:

I am looking for recommendation for a good Point-n-Shoot digital
camera to give repair engineers so that they can take good close-up
photos of defects to include in reports and/or email back to the main
office for consultations.

Basically, the characteristics I think are important a adjustable
flash intensity and adjustable apeture. Maybe also a pre-set macro/
close-up mode......and of course inexpensive (under $120....??). Any
other features to suggest?

Trips to the local Best Buy and Target have proved fruitless. It seems
adjustable apeture and flash intensity are no loner common features on
cameras.

Recommendations and/or advice highly appreciated.

I haven't checked current models, but historically
the Canon powershot A range has been the king as far
as manual controls on cheap P&S cameras are concerned.

BugBear

davy October 20th 09 09:10 PM

Recommendation Request: Good PnS Digital

I have the A650IS... and does a nifty Macro job, I've taken tiny beetles
and butterfly's and inside of flower's with the standard camera lens...

...all depends on the close up of course, you can get a Macro as well
as zoom lenses for these, one question is will flash be necessary?

davy