PhotoBanter.com

-   Medium Format Photography Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Seagull 4A where to get fixed? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=102100)

James Salisbury November 2nd 08 07:42 PM

Seagull 4A where to get fixed?

Hi,
My Seagull 4A appears to have a jammed shutter, no click when the button
is pressed. Could someone recommend a camera repair place in the UK?
Alternatively what can I replace it with?

Thanks

Peter Chant[_2_] November 3rd 08 10:35 PM

James Salisbury nntp.dsl.pipex.com wrote:

Hi,
My Seagull 4A appears to have a jammed shutter, no click when the button
is pressed. Could someone recommend a camera repair place in the UK?
Alternatively what can I replace it with?

No idea on repair. Replacement, I've got a Mamiya C330f which I am very
happy with, but for a non "system" camera how about a Yashicamat? Not used
one myself, but it would seem like the obvious answer.

Perhaps a C220?

--
http://www.petezilla.co.uk

Richard Knoppow November 4th 08 08:22 AM

"James Salisbury" nntp.dsl.pipex.com wrote in message
Hi,
My Seagull 4A appears to have a jammed shutter, no click
when the button is pressed. Could someone recommend a
camera repair place in the UK? Alternatively what can I
replace it with?

Thanks

Do a search for Rolleiflex repair people in the UK and
check if they will work on it, in the US I could make
suggestions but I don't know who is good in the UK.
If you want to replace it look for a Rolleicord or
Rolleiflex. They are excellent cameras and not too expensive
used, of course depending on the model. Assume that any used
camera needs a CLA although you may get lucky.

Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA

Drew Saunders November 4th 08 06:25 PM

Seagull 4A where to get fixed?

James Salisbury nntp.dsl.pipex.com wrote:

Hi,
My Seagull 4A appears to have a jammed shutter, no click when the button
is pressed. Could someone recommend a camera repair place in the UK?
Alternatively what can I replace it with?

I don't know the various Seagull models, but B&H sells the GC-104 for
$140:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...5410_GC_104_Ca
mera.html

and the GC-108 for $280:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...5440_GC_109_Ca
mera.html

and two other models in-between. A shutter repair would likely cost at
least half as much as the cheapest one.

Drew

--
Drew W. Saunders