PhotoBanter.com

-   Film & Labs (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Slides: Kodachrome and Ilfochrome (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=108253)

Michael[_6_] August 29th 09 11:15 PM

Slides: Kodachrome and Ilfochrome

Now that I have had my last fresh-bought roll of Kodachrome returned
processed by Dwaynes, and i have one roll of allegedly fresh frozen but
outdated Kodachrome in my freezer, I ask, does anyone know a source for
remaining Kodachrome?

Second: Does anyone have a good reference for commercial labs doing
optical printing from slides on Ilfochrome? Just about everyone's gone.

In terms of quality and ease of operation (not cost of device) can I
beat the Nikon 5000 or the 9000, short of a drum scanner?

--
Michael

Cydrome Leader September 16th 09 09:37 PM

Michael wrote:
Now that I have had my last fresh-bought roll of Kodachrome returned
processed by Dwaynes, and i have one roll of allegedly fresh frozen but
outdated Kodachrome in my freezer, I ask, does anyone know a source for
remaining Kodachrome?

Second: Does anyone have a good reference for commercial labs doing
optical printing from slides on Ilfochrome? Just about everyone's gone.

In terms of quality and ease of operation (not cost of device) can I
beat the Nikon 5000 or the 9000, short of a drum scanner?

I can't find any cibachrome printers anywhere near chicago, which is
annoying.

Michael[_6_] September 16th 09 11:56 PM

On 2009-09-16 16:37:26 -0400, Cydrome Leader said:

Michael wrote:
Now that I have had my last fresh-bought roll of Kodachrome returned
processed by Dwaynes, and i have one roll of allegedly fresh frozen but
outdated Kodachrome in my freezer, I ask, does anyone know a source for
remaining Kodachrome?

Second: Does anyone have a good reference for commercial labs doing
optical printing from slides on Ilfochrome? Just about everyone's gone.

In terms of quality and ease of operation (not cost of device) can I
beat the Nikon 5000 or the 9000, short of a drum scanner?

I can't find any cibachrome printers anywhere near chicago, which is
annoying.

I found two rolls of FRESH Kodachrome at standard prices at Hunt Photo
and Video in Massachusetts, but I got that a week or so ago and I don't
know if they still have stock.
--
Michael