PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Snapfish skin tones (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=112009)

D.M. Procida April 15th 10 06:35 PM

Snapfish skin tones

I've just had some photos back from Snapfish (in the UK), and I'm quite
disappointed with the colour rendition.

In most of the pictures - which were taken with three different cameras
of different brands, over a period of several years - skin tones are
really horrible. People look like they are made out of plastic, like
shop dummies.

Is this normal, or have I just been unlucky (or hypercritical)?

Daniele

John McWilliams April 15th 10 11:35 PM

Snapfish skin tones

D.M. Procida wrote:
I've just had some photos back from Snapfish (in the UK), and I'm quite
disappointed with the colour rendition.

In most of the pictures - which were taken with three different cameras
of different brands, over a period of several years - skin tones are
really horrible. People look like they are made out of plastic, like
shop dummies.

Is this normal, or have I just been unlucky (or hypercritical)?

Doesn't sound normal. However, specifics are needed, as to camera and
media type, and examples. If you post them on a web site and link to it
here in response, we'll have a place to start.

--
john mcwilliams

me[_5_] April 16th 10 12:12 AM

Snapfish skin tones

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 18:35:19 +0100,
(D.M. Procida) wrote:

I've just had some photos back from Snapfish (in the UK), and I'm quite
disappointed with the colour rendition.

In most of the pictures - which were taken with three different cameras
of different brands, over a period of several years - skin tones are
really horrible. People look like they are made out of plastic, like
shop dummies.

Is this normal, or have I just been unlucky (or hypercritical)?

Did you specify that they NOT optimize the photos, ie not try to
correct them?

Ray Fischer April 16th 10 05:54 AM

Snapfish skin tones

D.M. Procida wrote:
I've just had some photos back from Snapfish (in the UK), and I'm quite
disappointed with the colour rendition.

In most of the pictures - which were taken with three different cameras
of different brands, over a period of several years - skin tones are
really horrible. People look like they are made out of plastic, like
shop dummies.

Is this normal, or have I just been unlucky (or hypercritical)?

Dunno. Pretty much every lab screws up on occasion. And pretty much
every reputable lab will try to make it right when they do screw up.

--
Ray Fischer