PhotoBanter.com

-   35mm Photo Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   [SI] Date change for "Street Photography" : now January 6th, 2013. (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=124976)

Bowser December 16th 12 04:11 PM

[SI] Date change for "Street Photography" : now January 6th, 2013.

Apologies, but I'll be very out of pocket during Christmas week,
without any on-line access. I need to delay the current mandate for a
week. I hope this doesn't have any negative effects on your shooting
schedules.

More into:

======================================

Time to stretch our skills and hit the streets! The new mandate,
"Street Photography," can provide big challenges, but the results can
be well worth it. If you aren't clear on what constitutes Street
Photography, well, visit this site for starters:

http://www.street-photographers.com/

Some good advice here, as well:

http://photo.net/learn/street/intro

Please not the following rules for this mandate:

No excessive post processing: what this means is that street shooting
is supposed to reflect reality, so excessive processing, like adding
or removing elements, using Photoshop filters to excess (adding grain
is OK, solarizing is not), and adding effects like starbursts are not
acceptable. Adjusting for exposure, color contrast, B&W conversions,
and adding grain to simulate old-style street shots is OK. I believe
there's enough lattitute in this mandate to offer sufficient
opportunities without having to resort to "painting" an image. This
mandate is designed to test your photographic skills, not your
Photoshop skills.

Due: December 30th, 2012
Start Date: November 22nd, 2012

The gallery is he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/street_photography

For additional information, please visit the rulz page:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

To submit photos, please send them he

shootinphotos aht gmail daht com

Now get out there and start shooting. And let's be careful out there.
Garry Winogrand's ghost is watching.

======================================

Alan Browne December 16th 12 10:28 PM

On 2012.12.16 11:11 , Bowser wrote:
Apologies, but I'll be very out of pocket during Christmas week,
without any on-line access.

I hope that implies a fireplace and single malt in the evenings after
long days on the trails ...

--
"There were, unfortunately, no great principles on which parties
were divided – politics became a mere struggle for office."

Bowser December 17th 12 09:59 PM

[SI] Date change for "Street Photography" : now January 6th, 2013.

On Sun, 16 Dec 2012 17:28:22 -0500, Alan Browne
wrote:

On 2012.12.16 11:11 , Bowser wrote:
Apologies, but I'll be very out of pocket during Christmas week,
without any on-line access.

I hope that implies a fireplace and single malt in the evenings after
long days on the trails ...

I wish...

I'll be in a secure facility where they allow nothing. No cell phones,
nothing. I'll be basking by the warm glow of servers and large network
gear.

However, the evenings will be spent in a nice hotel with, I assume, a
fully functional bar. And single malt is always an excellent choice.

As is cognac, whiskey, bourbon...

Savageduck[_3_] December 17th 12 10:36 PM

wrote:

On 2012.12.16 11:11 , Bowser wrote:
Apologies, but I'll be very out of pocket during Christmas week,
without any on-line access.

I hope that implies a fireplace and single malt in the evenings after
long days on the trails ...

I wish...

I'll be in a secure facility where they allow nothing. No cell phones,
nothing.

You are spending Xmas in the County jail!!

I'll be basking by the warm glow of servers and large network
gear.

Oh!

However, the evenings will be spent in a nice hotel with, I assume, a
fully functional bar. And single malt is always an excellent choice.

As is cognac, whiskey, bourbon...

....and perhaps, complimentary WiFi.

Savageduck

Alan Browne December 17th 12 11:06 PM

wrote:

On 2012.12.16 11:11 , Bowser wrote:
Apologies, but I'll be very out of pocket during Christmas week,
without any on-line access.

I hope that implies a fireplace and single malt in the evenings after
long days on the trails ...

I wish...

I'll be in a secure facility where they allow nothing. No cell phones,
nothing. I'll be basking by the warm glow of servers and large network
gear.

Suckz. (Did something like that some many years ago - people with
rifles who looked at me with menace when I left the Tempest room without
an escort... not even phone lines in there).

However, the evenings will be spent in a nice hotel with, I assume, a
fully functional bar. And single malt is always an excellent choice.

As is cognac, whiskey, bourbon...

Drink plenty of water before bed time ...

Bowser December 19th 12 12:58 PM

[SI] Date change for "Street Photography" : now January 6th, 2013.

wrote:

On 2012.12.16 11:11 , Bowser wrote:
Apologies, but I'll be very out of pocket during Christmas week,
without any on-line access.

I hope that implies a fireplace and single malt in the evenings after
long days on the trails ...

I wish...

I'll be in a secure facility where they allow nothing. No cell phones,
nothing. I'll be basking by the warm glow of servers and large network
gear.

Suckz. (Did something like that some many years ago - people with
rifles who looked at me with menace when I left the Tempest room without
an escort... not even phone lines in there).

However, the evenings will be spent in a nice hotel with, I assume, a
fully functional bar. And single malt is always an excellent choice.

As is cognac, whiskey, bourbon...

Drink plenty of water before bed time ...

"I don't drink water. Fish **** in it."

W. C. Fields

Bowser December 19th 12 01:00 PM

[SI] Date change for "Street Photography" : now January 6th, 2013.

wrote:

On 2012.12.16 11:11 , Bowser wrote:
Apologies, but I'll be very out of pocket during Christmas week,
without any on-line access.

I hope that implies a fireplace and single malt in the evenings after
long days on the trails ...

I wish...

I'll be in a secure facility where they allow nothing. No cell phones,
nothing.

You are spending Xmas in the County jail!!

Sure seems like it. But, as you know, some IT stuff can only be done
during shutdowns. Oh, well. The money is good. Double time!

I'll be basking by the warm glow of servers and large network
gear.

Oh!

However, the evenings will be spent in a nice hotel with, I assume, a
fully functional bar. And single malt is always an excellent choice.

As is cognac, whiskey, bourbon...

...and perhaps, complimentary WiFi.

Yeah, for my iPhone. No big deal, really. Just another job.

Peter[_18_] December 28th 12 05:11 PM

wrote:

On 2012.12.16 11:11 , Bowser wrote:
Apologies, but I'll be very out of pocket during Christmas week,
without any on-line access.

I hope that implies a fireplace and single malt in the evenings after
long days on the trails ...

I wish...

I'll be in a secure facility where they allow nothing. No cell phones,
nothing. I'll be basking by the warm glow of servers and large network
gear.

However, the evenings will be spent in a nice hotel with, I assume, a
fully functional bar. And single malt is always an excellent choice.

As is cognac, whiskey, bourbon...

Though to beat a Martell Cordon Bleu

--
PeterN