PhotoBanter.com

-   Large Format Photography Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Sinar P Expert question (adaptors) (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=2580)

Gene McCluney January 18th 04 07:05 PM

Sinar P Expert question (adaptors)

I have a Sinar P Expert system 5x7 w/4x5 and 8x10 backs as my studio
system. I also have a backplate that allows the use of a Hasselblad body.

Did Sinar ever make an adaptor to allow use of a Nikon body on the
back? Or did anyone? If so, where would I find one?

If so, this would allow me to attach one of my digital cameras (Kodak,
Nikon) and would be a great tool for me.

Gene McCluney
(real email)

Helge Nareid January 18th 04 09:55 PM

Sinar P Expert question (adaptors)

Gene McCluney wrote in news:mccluney2-
:

I have a Sinar P Expert system 5x7 w/4x5 and 8x10 backs as my studio
system. I also have a backplate that allows the use of a Hasselblad body.

Did Sinar ever make an adaptor to allow use of a Nikon body on the
back? Or did anyone? If so, where would I find one?

I have a distinct recollection of having seen one in an old Sinar
catalogue. Also, it should be possible to have one made from a blank
Sinar lensboard and the rear end of a Nikon extension ring. After
all, there are no mechanical and electronic connections needed beyond
the bayonet itself,

As for where to find it, I have no idea - sorry.

If so, this would allow me to attach one of my digital cameras (Kodak,
Nikon) and would be a great tool for me.

Another, but possibly less elegant solution is to use an adaptor for
using Hasselblad lenses on Nikon cameras, which you could use with your
current Hasselblad backplate. Such adapters do exist, but unfortunately
I have no idea who makes them. I remember last seeing one in a shop
called Gin-Ichi Camera in Ginza, Tokyo some years ago.

--
- Helge Nareid
Nordmann i utlendighet, Aberdeen, Scotland