PhotoBanter.com

-   -   download cell phone".jpg" files to my PC? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=52576)

floyid November 28th 05 03:25 PM

download cell phone".jpg" files to my PC?

My cell phone (CDM8940) has a removable memory card (compact SD) and I
am able to download ".jpg" files to my PC.

I am not able to open these files on my PC. My graphics programs
(Windows, Photoshop, VuePro,IrfanView) do not recognise these ".jpg's".

Verizon tells me to "contact my graphics software vendor".

How can I open these files on my PC without paying Verizon extra for
'image messaging?'.

Thanks,

Robert

Måns Rullgård November 28th 05 08:01 PM

"floyid" writes:

My cell phone (CDM8940) has a removable memory card (compact SD) and I
am able to download ".jpg" files to my PC.

I am not able to open these files on my PC. My graphics programs
(Windows, Photoshop, VuePro,IrfanView) do not recognise these ".jpg's".

If you post one of these files somewhere, most likely someone will be
able to tell what's going on with them.

--
Måns Rullgård

Luke Vader November 28th 05 08:18 PM

download cell phone".jpg" files to my PC?

"floyid" wrote in message
oups.com...
My cell phone (CDM8940) has a removable memory card (compact SD) and I
am able to download ".jpg" files to my PC.

I am not able to open these files on my PC. My graphics programs
(Windows, Photoshop, VuePro,IrfanView) do not recognise these ".jpg's".

Verizon tells me to "contact my graphics software vendor".

How can I open these files on my PC without paying Verizon extra for
'image messaging?'.

Thanks,

Robert

How are you trying to open these files. Is it because theres no icon?
Have you tried right clicking the file and then "open with" select program.
Are you sure they are actually jpeg files?

floyid November 28th 05 11:12 PM

download cell phone".jpg" files to my PC?

I think Verizon may have coded their files or have their own
proprietary ".jpg."

I've tried 'open with' all of the programs I named.

Thanks

wilt November 28th 05 11:42 PM

download cell phone".jpg" files to my PC?

Pardon my cynicism...sounds like the public being duped by all the cell
phone industry into spending money on camera phones that take inferior
quality images, and the only way to get the photos anywhere else (in
spite of the removeable memory) still is to send them at added cost to
someone else with a photo cell phone who can view. It took a while for
people to figure out photos in cell phones were pretty captive, and now
it will take some more time before the public figures out that the
images on removeable media cards are STILL captive! I am suprised
that you have not been offered the opportunity to buy extra cost
software to move photos from the photo message files to a storable and
printable file on PC, yet another way to separate you from your money.

Måns Rullgård November 28th 05 11:57 PM

"wilt" writes:

Pardon my cynicism...sounds like the public being duped by all the cell
phone industry into spending money on camera phones that take inferior
quality images, and the only way to get the photos anywhere else (in
spite of the removeable memory) still is to send them at added cost to
someone else with a photo cell phone who can view.

My phone (Samsung Z500) produces standard JPEGs readable by any normal
software. The quality of the pictures is another matter entirely,
although it's sometimes better than no camera at all.

If I bought a phone, and discovered I couldn't read the image files,
I'd take it back and exchange for another model.

--
Måns Rullgård

sid derra November 29th 05 10:53 AM

download cell phone".jpg" files to my PC?

"floyid" wrote in message
oups.com...
My cell phone (CDM8940) has a removable memory card (compact SD) and I
am able to download ".jpg" files to my PC.

I am not able to open these files on my PC. My graphics programs
(Windows, Photoshop, VuePro,IrfanView) do not recognise these ".jpg's".

Verizon tells me to "contact my graphics software vendor".

How can I open these files on my PC without paying Verizon extra for
'image messaging?'.

hi robert

as already suggested, post one or two of the files online and we'll have a
look at them.

rock on.
sid

floyid November 29th 05 04:21 PM

download cell phone".jpg" files to my PC?

I've posted a sample at:

http://homepage.mac.com/wo_shi_big_s...eSharing3.html

Thanks for the suggestion, and good luck with the detective work.

Tim November 29th 05 09:31 PM

download cell phone".jpg" files to my PC?

I've posted a sample at:

http://homepage.mac.com/wo_shi_big_s...eSharing3.html

Thanks for the suggestion, and good luck with the detective work.

Hi
Any joy yet Sid?
Been watching this thread

Don't know if there's anything here that might help
http://www.wotsit.org/search.asp?page=1&s=graphics

Tim

Måns Rullgård November 30th 05 12:05 AM

"Tim" no writes:

I've posted a sample at:

http://homepage.mac.com/wo_shi_big_s...eSharing3.html

Thanks for the suggestion, and good luck with the detective work.

Hi
Any joy yet Sid?
Been watching this thread

It doesn't look like anything I've seen before. It starts with the
characters DBFBROSHAWVZW01, followed by a few random-looking bytes.
Does this mean anything to anyone? The remainder of the first 512
bytes are all null. The rest of the file is compressed. That's all I
can tell from a quick inspection. To the OP: do you know the pixel
dimensions of the image?

--
Måns Rullgård