PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Digicam Manufacturers (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=127167)

John Turco April 1st 14 11:26 PM

Digicam Manufacturers

What companies actually make the hardware? I've read that Sanyo is the
largest OEM. (But, ironically, I think it no longer offers any cameras
under its own "Sanyo" label?)

Thanks, in advance, for any answers!

John

John Turco April 8th 14 01:22 AM

Digicam Manufacturers

On 4/1/2014 5:26 PM, John Turco wrote:
What companies actually make the hardware? I've read that Sanyo is the
largest OEM. (But, ironically, I think it no longer offers any cameras
under its own "Sanyo" label?)

Thanks, in advance, for any answers!

John

I hear crickets chirping...is anybody out there?

John

John Turco April 9th 14 08:39 PM

Digicam Manufacturers

On 4/8/2014 5:37 PM, RichA wrote:
On Tuesday, April 1, 2014 6:26:34 PM UTC-4, John Turco wrote:
What companies actually make the hardware? I've read that Sanyo is the

largest OEM. (But, ironically, I think it no longer offers any cameras
under its own "Sanyo" label?)

Thanks, in advance, for any answers!

John

And Cosina makes Zeiss and Voigtlander lenses, Aptina makes sensors,
the list goes on and on, as well as the undeclared incest between
companies.

I'd really meant, "point & shoot" models (a.k.a., "digicams").

John