PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Best low priced photo printer (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=21296)

[email protected] December 5th 04 02:07 AM

Best low priced photo printer

There are lots of $100 photo printers, some with scanners.

Can anyone recommend a good one? Epson, HP, Canon? I mostly print up
to 8x10.

Currently I have an Epson Photo 700 - and can't find a local shop with
the color ink.

David J Taylor December 5th 04 08:35 AM

Bill Crocker wrote:
One choice might be the Epson R200.

Bill Crocker

We have the Epson R300 (like the R200 but you can also print directly from
the memory card without a computer) and we've been delighted with the
quality and ease of use. About GBP 99.

David

John McWilliams December 5th 04 04:22 PM

David J Taylor wrote:

Bill Crocker wrote:

One choice might be the Epson R200.

Bill Crocker

We have the Epson R300 (like the R200 but you can also print directly from
the memory card without a computer) and we've been delighted with the
quality and ease of use. About GBP 99.

Only $79 US (with the purchase of a new Macintosh. ! s)

What paper do you recommend? I am printing only on Ilford Classic Pearl,
but would like to expand my repertoire, esp. if it's a not-expensive
paper with a decent profile available.

--
John McWilliams

David J Taylor December 5th 04 04:27 PM

John McWilliams wrote:
[]
What paper do you recommend? I am printing only on Ilford Classic
Pearl, but would like to expand my repertoire, esp. if it's a
not-expensive paper with a decent profile available.

Epson Photo Paper 194gm/m2 weight produces excellent results - about GBP
0.15/sheet or less in the UK. Just for casual photo printing, mind -
nothing fancy.

David

Big Bill December 5th 04 05:05 PM

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 08:35:23 -0000, "David J Taylor"
wrote:

Bill Crocker wrote:
One choice might be the Epson R200.

Bill Crocker

We have the Epson R300 (like the R200 but you can also print directly from
the memory card without a computer) and we've been delighted with the
quality and ease of use. About GBP 99.

David

I have the R300, and I like it a lot. But it's over the $100 point.
The R200 is essentially the R300 with the ability to print without the
computer not there. And it can be had for under $100 (Fry's
Electronics just had it on sale for less than $100).
http://shop3.outpost.com/search?sear...x=0&submit.y=0
OK, so it's only a nickle under, but that counts! :-)

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"