PhotoBanter.com

-   Medium Format Photography Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   *HELP* Pentax 645 (Cant Get Manual Mode) (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=3204)

Jules March 3rd 04 07:19 PM

*HELP* Pentax 645 (Cant Get Manual Mode)

Hi,

I have recently purchased a Pentax 645 camera body only, I also
purchased a AF lens (SMC Pentax-FA 75mm f2.8) from another source.

I cannot get manual mode whilst shooting (I take the lens off its A
setting of course).

When I press the mode button and press up and down (with the lens off
A) it still
reads (Auto 125, Auto f5.6, Auto P).

I have taken the lens off and tried again still with these results.

Is my new camera broken?

*HELP* Please Anybody

Bill Hilton March 3rd 04 07:52 PM

*HELP* Pentax 645 (Cant Get Manual Mode)

From: (Jules)

I cannot get manual mode whilst shooting (I take the lens off its A
setting of course).

When I press the mode button and press up and down (with the lens off
A) it still
reads (Auto 125, Auto f5.6, Auto P).

I have taken the lens off and tried again still with these results.

Is my new camera broken?

Do you have film in it?

Jules March 4th 04 08:53 AM

*HELP* Pentax 645 (Cant Get Manual Mode)

Hi,

This is with film in, without film in It drops to m1000 but when i
press the mode button I can only select Auto modes!

Its as if the camera thinks the Lens is still on A.

Thanks in advance Julian

Nervous5150 March 31st 07 11:50 PM

*HELP* Pentax 645 (Cant Get Manual Mode)

Did you get the 645 or the 645N body? the -N body is for the
autofocus lenses.. the standard 645 body is man focus only...