PhotoBanter.com

-   35mm Photo Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Camera world is very bad!!! (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=13318)

Neo September 18th 04 04:37 PM

Camera world is very bad!!!

I ordered a new Canon digital camera from Camera World of Oregon and
paid for overnight shipping on items that they claim to have in stock.
But on the next day, FedEx never came and when I called them, they
refuse to give me tracking number but insists that it's been shipped
the same day the order was placed. Be ware.
Also Camera World seems to bought out by Ritz Camera and the
reliability is now on par with Ritz, which is not good to begin with.

Tony September 18th 04 05:58 PM

Ritz bought Camera World a couple years ago - and yes they have continued
the Ritz tradition of screwing their customers ever since.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

Mark M September 18th 04 09:40 PM

"Neo" wrote in message
I ordered a new Canon digital camera from Camera World of Oregon and
paid for overnight shipping on items that they claim to have in stock.
But on the next day, FedEx never came and when I called them, they
refuse to give me tracking number but insists that it's been shipped
the same day the order was placed. Be ware.
Also Camera World seems to bought out by Ritz Camera and the
reliability is now on par with Ritz, which is not good to begin with.

Camera World of Oregon used to be one of the two places I purchased from
(B&H was/is the other). Sadly, when they sold to Ritz, they became just
your ordinary run-of-the-mill crappy camera shop.

I now do most (all?) of my purchasing from B&H or Adorama.

Annika1980 September 18th 04 09:58 PM

From: "Tony"

Ritz bought Camera World a couple years ago - and yes they have continued
the Ritz tradition of screwing their customers ever since.

I've spent most of the day out shooting with my new 20D, which was delivered on
time as promised by ritzcamera.com.
I've never had any probs with them.