PhotoBanter.com

-   35mm Photo Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Nikon F2AS vs. F3 preference? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=130204)

[email protected] August 6th 15 03:28 PM

Nikon F2AS vs. F3 preference?

On Monday, December 14, 1998 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, Tamara Fullerton wrote:
I just had my Trusty F2A stolen and was thinking of replacing it with
either a F2AS or an F3. From what I have seen on the net there seem to
be problems with the F2A meters which is why a direct replacement seems
like asking for trouble. The meter on the F2AS seems easier to read
than the F3's. I don't use a flash so flash related features are
irrelevant. The F3 feels awkward but after 22 years of using the F2A I
would not expect otherwise. Any thoughts in their respective vices and
virtues?

Thanks
Bill

They both have their merits for sure. However, the F2AS is hard to beat. As mentioned in this blog, they are solid. You could probably knock someone out with this weapon if you had to. I go back and forth with using two finders. The
DE-1 and the DP-12. That said I wish the F2 had the 80/20 meter sensitivity. That would be a huge plus...

Michael[_6_] August 8th 15 06:18 PM

Nikon F2AS vs. F3 preference?

On 2015-08-06 14:28:07 +0000, said:

[...]

Original post is 16 ½ years old. OP probably lost interest by now.
--
Michael