PhotoBanter.com

-   35mm Photo Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   [SI] Macro/Closeup (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=123390)

Alan Browne June 2nd 12 08:11 PM

[SI] Macro/Closeup

On 2012-05-31 18:41 , tony cooper wrote:

Alan Browne: The spider's good, and they are harder to shoot than
some think. Hard to get them isolated from the background as was done
here. Must have been in a dark corner somewhere to force you to
1/100th at f/8 and 800 ISO.

I was shooting something else when he "dropped" in on me. I forgot to
set the ISO and the shutter speed appropriately. I snapped on the flash
and pointed that at the ceiling (I was standing on a chair to shoot
him). Set the lens to 1:1 (macro) and focused by swaying. He was quite
uncooperative and it was impossible to get his head in the shot.

I should have dialed that to f/16 @ 1/250 and ISO 160.

--
"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
-Samuel Clemens.