PhotoBanter.com

-   Digital SLR Cameras (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   What's this? II (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=83968)

Alan Browne July 29th 07 01:59 PM

What's this? II

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?p...249670&size=lg

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.

Rebecca Ore July 29th 07 02:55 PM

What's this? II

In article ,
Alan Browne wrote:

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?p...249670&size=lg

Tiger lily.

Alan Browne July 29th 07 03:02 PM

What's this? II

Rebecca Ore wrote:
In article ,
Alan Browne wrote:

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?p...249670&size=lg

Tiger lily.

Thx!

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.

ASAAR July 29th 07 03:14 PM

What's this? II

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 08:59:39 -0400, Alan Browne wrote:

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?p...249670&size=lg

At first I thought that it was a Butterfly Flower (Schizanthus),
aka Poor Man's Orchid, but that was based on just one picture. All
of the other Butterfly Flower pictures I've seen look quite
different, so your guess is as good as mine unless you actually know
what your flower is. Here's the one that resembled yours.

http://www.premierphotographer.com/flower_c37.html

[later]
BTW, I just saw Rebecca's answer and I'm sure that she's correct.
Your flower looks a lot more like a tiger than a butterfly. :)
Here's another. http://www.pbase.com/image/80793551

Alan Browne July 29th 07 03:28 PM

What's this? II

ASAAR wrote:
On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 08:59:39 -0400, Alan Browne wrote:

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?p...249670&size=lg

At first I thought that it was a Butterfly Flower (Schizanthus),
aka Poor Man's Orchid, but that was based on just one picture. All
of the other Butterfly Flower pictures I've seen look quite
different, so your guess is as good as mine unless you actually know
what your flower is. Here's the one that resembled yours.

http://www.premierphotographer.com/flower_c37.html

[later]
BTW, I just saw Rebecca's answer and I'm sure that she's correct.
Your flower looks a lot more like a tiger than a butterfly. :)
Here's another. http://www.pbase.com/image/80793551

Maybe more or less mature ... no pistils (stamen?) showed (as vividly)
on the ones I saw...

There was also a fantastic black and iridescent blue butterfly, but just
as I got him framed and was sharpening the focus .... off he went.

Cheers,
Alan.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.