--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in rec.photo.digital...)

Joseph Meehan August 28th 06 03:06 PM

Small Digital recommendation request

wrote:
My daughter is about to go to college, and would
like to get a very small (easy in purse) digital
camera.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

You might want to take a look at:

http://shopping.discovery.com/product-59132.html

I have an earlier model and it works for me. They even have a $20
digital although the image quality appears to be about equal to a digital
phone picture. Have you considered getting her a digital phone with
camera?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

[email protected] August 28th 06 04:12 PM

Joseph Meehan wrote:
wrote:
My daughter is about to go to college, and would
like to get a very small (easy in purse) digital
camera.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

You might want to take a look at:

http://shopping.discovery.com/product-59132.html

I have an earlier model and it works for me. They even have a $20
digital although the image quality appears to be about equal to a digital
phone picture. Have you considered getting her a digital phone with
camera?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Keep in mind that camera phones have very limited usability as far as
function and resolution though. Any low end camera by Kodak etc would
be fine.

Joe Sarrach

Tzortzakakis Dimitrios August 28th 06 04:52 PM

Small Digital recommendation request

? ?????? ??? ??????

My daughter is about to go to college, and would
like to get a very small (easy in purse) digital
camera.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

Any camera from casio would do, if you don't mind the high prices...

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
mechanized infantry reservist

Jay Beckman August 28th 06 06:02 PM

wrote in message

My daughter is about to go to college, and would
like to get a very small (easy in purse) digital
camera.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in rec.photo.digital...)

Pentax Optio line of P&Ss...

Just got my camera-phobic wife one (M10) not too long ago and now she won't
go anywhere without it.

It makes good pictures and is easy to use.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Good Luck to your daughter, hope she finds her passion.

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ USA

tomm42 August 28th 06 09:34 PM

wrote:
My daughter is about to go to college, and would
like to get a very small (easy in purse) digital
camera.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in rec.photo.digital...)

Canon A530 or A610, small enough to fit in a jacket pocket, large
enough no to get lost in a dorm room. Viewfinders too, teach the kid to
properly hold a camera for max steadiness.

Tom