PhotoBanter.com

-   -   canon timelapse quits after 3000 images (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=69268)

[email protected] August 27th 06 05:26 PM

canon timelapse quits after 3000 images

I have my Canon A80 connected via USB to my computer to take long term
timelapse exposures but it quits after about 3000 frames and then only
produces errors. I have seen somewhere that this is a known problem
with some canon cameras and that there are others which don't exhibit
this problem. Does anyone know which ones these are? I want to get a
new camera dedicated to timelapse, it can be an old one, but it must be
able to do a sequence of images much larger than 3000 frames.

thanks,
chris