PhotoBanter.com

-   Medium Format Photography Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   do i have a 3.5E or 3.5C Rolleiflex ? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=67605)

Steven Woody July 18th 06 04:11 PM

do i have a 3.5E or 3.5C Rolleiflex ?

because i am about to buy a lens cap and hood in the used market such
as ebay.com, i think i have carefully determind Bay-what mount i really
need. but i am not sure my camera is actually a 3.5E or 3.5C. i need
your help.

some info of the camera,

1, the serial number is 1748514
2, a f/3.5 plannar taking lens and a 2.8 heldosmat viewing lens
3, gets a uncoupled meter, film speed can be set by the meter ring.
4, the sutter ring can apperture ring can set to be coupled or
uncoupled by rotate a level on the apperture ring.
5, i am not sure whether the viewfinder hood is removable, but i can
remove it by take of the four screws acound the hood.
6, the distance scale is in feets only, not meets.

my question is

1, is it a 3.5C or 3.5E
2, if that is a 3.5C, Bay-what accessoies should i need ?

thanks in advance.

-
woody

Neil Gould July 18th 06 04:15 PM

do i have a 3.5E or 3.5C Rolleiflex ?

Recently, Steven Woody posted:

because i am about to buy a lens cap and hood in the used market such
as ebay.com, i think i have carefully determind Bay-what mount i
really need. but i am not sure my camera is actually a 3.5E or 3.5C.
i need your help.

some info of the camera,

1, the serial number is 1748514

This is the important information that will determine which lens cap that
you require. There was a very recent discussion about this on this Rollei
users' list:

Given the number of questions that you have about your camera, I recommend
that you join this list or at the very least search it for some concise
answers.

regards,

Neil

dadiOH July 18th 06 04:43 PM

Steven Woody wrote:
because i am about to buy a lens cap and hood in the used market such
as ebay.com, i think i have carefully determind Bay-what mount i
really need. but i am not sure my camera is actually a 3.5E or 3.5C.
i need your help.

some info of the camera,

1, the serial number is 1748514

With that serial # it is 3.5E
http://www.rolleirepairs.com/models.htm

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Steven Woody July 18th 06 06:01 PM

dadiOH wrote:
Steven Woody wrote:
because i am about to buy a lens cap and hood in the used market such
as ebay.com, i think i have carefully determind Bay-what mount i
really need. but i am not sure my camera is actually a 3.5E or 3.5C.
i need your help.

some info of the camera,

1, the serial number is 1748514

With that serial # it is 3.5E
http://www.rolleirepairs.com/models.htm

i hope you're right. but it seems the web page you refered don't list
3.5E at all, it might be possible that the serial number range it
listed for 3.5E actually covered 3.5C also. check this page:
http://home.worldonline.dk/rongsted/Rolleisn.htm, you will find,

Start End S/N Prochnow Parker Evans
1.740.000 1.787.999 Rolleiflex 3,5 C Rolleiflex 3.5 E Rolleiflex 3.5 E
(type 1)

but i dont understand what the 'Prochnow', 'Parker' and 'Evans' mean
respectively.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

dadiOH July 18th 06 06:29 PM

Steven Woody wrote:
dadiOH wrote:
Steven Woody wrote:
because i am about to buy a lens cap and hood in the used market
such as ebay.com, i think i have carefully determind Bay-what mount
i really need. but i am not sure my camera is actually a 3.5E or
3.5C. i need your help.

some info of the camera,

1, the serial number is 1748514

With that serial # it is 3.5E
http://www.rolleirepairs.com/models.htm

i hope you're right. but it seems the web page you refered don't list
3.5E at all,

??????????? It's the fifth one listed.
________________

it might be possible that the serial number range it
listed for 3.5E actually covered 3.5C also. check this page:
http://home.worldonline.dk/rongsted/Rolleisn.htm, you will find,

Start End S/N Prochnow Parker Evans
1.740.000 1.787.999 Rolleiflex 3,5 C Rolleiflex 3.5 E Rolleiflex 3.5
E (type 1)

but i dont understand what the 'Prochnow', 'Parker' and 'Evans' mean
respectively.

They are the sources (men's names) from which the author of the page
gathered his info. Note that two of the three agree that yours is 3.5E. If
you are in doubt, email Rollei...bet they'd know :)

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Steven Woody July 19th 06 04:18 AM

dadiOH wrote:
Steven Woody wrote:
dadiOH wrote:
Steven Woody wrote:
[...]

and, does Rollei has a email to answer such a question? do you know the
email address? thanks.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...