PhotoBanter.com

-   Digital SLR Cameras (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Street photos. (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=124433)

Peter Jason September 12th 12 02:58 AM

Street photos.

I have a wide-angle 7mm lens on an Olympus E5.

I want to take secret street photos.

Is it possible to have a timer on the camera to
take such photos every 15 sec or so, while slung
over the shoulder. Anyone ever done this?

Peter

Trevor[_2_] September 12th 12 05:41 AM

Street photos.

"Peter Jason" wrote in message
I want to take secret street photos.
Is it possible to have a timer on the camera to
take such photos every 15 sec or so, while slung
over the shoulder. Anyone ever done this?

All you need is an intervalometer, you can even get a smart phone or ipad
app to do it these days with an appropriate camera interface, which can even
be by bluetooth.

Trevor.

Chris Malcolm[_2_] September 13th 12 12:20 AM

Street photos.

Peter Jason wrote:
I have a wide-angle 7mm lens on an Olympus E5.

I want to take secret street photos.

Is it possible to have a timer on the camera to
take such photos every 15 sec or so, while slung
over the shoulder. Anyone ever done this?

You could be much more selective by using a radio trigger in your
pocket.

--
Chris Malcolm

Eric Stevens September 13th 12 01:16 AM

Street photos.

On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 11:58:19 +1000, Peter Jason wrote:

I have a wide-angle 7mm lens on an Olympus E5.

I want to take secret street photos.

Is it possible to have a timer on the camera to
take such photos every 15 sec or so, while slung
over the shoulder. Anyone ever done this?

I suspect you would be astonished at the amount of camera-shake you
would experience.

Eric Stevens

PeterN September 15th 12 01:59 AM

Street photos.

On 9/13/2012 7:37 PM, RichA wrote:
On Sep 11, 9:59 pm, Peter Jason wrote:
I have a wide-angle 7mm lens on an Olympus E5.

I want to take secret street photos.

Is it possible to have a timer on the camera to
take such photos every 15 sec or so, while slung
over the shoulder. Anyone ever done this?

Peter

I've done it with a Nikon D300 which has the feature built-in. But
it's just for fun, unless you have a specific target that needs the
automation. As a street technique, it's more for people trying to
hide the fact they are taking photos.

Lot easier way.
http://www.amazon.com/Opteka-Voyeur-Right-Angle-Digital/dp/B000VX5FHO

--