PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Price for genuine Canon pixma IP4000 cartridges (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=30716)

MB_ February 20th 05 07:48 AM

Price for genuine Canon pixma IP4000 cartridges

Suppose I want to buy a complete set of these 5 cartridges.

What would be a good price for them.

I intend to look on EBAY and other sources, but I'm not sure what would be a
good price. I know it would be about $60-$65. on the Canon site.

MB

Larry February 20th 05 12:18 PM

In article , says...
Suppose I want to buy a complete set of these 5 cartridges.

What would be a good price for them.

I intend to look on EBAY and other sources, but I'm not sure what would be a
good price. I know it would be about $60-$65. on the Canon site.

MB

If you are looking for OEM cartridges, I dont think E-bay is the place to
look..

The seller can TELL you they are OEM, but 'till you get them in your hand,
you have no way of knowing what you'll get.

The best you can do if you MUST have OEM is pay OEM prices.

There are occasional sales at reputable dealers, but overall OEM costs what
OEM costs.

You cant make inkjet printing cheaper than commercial printing unless you
live somewhere so far away from the commercial printer that fuel (or postage)
costs become a factor.

There is no way, so far, to make ink jet printing BOTH high quality AND
cheap. The very best you can do is either use OEM or refill the carts with
the very best 3rd party inks available for your printer (an though they are
less expensive than using OEM carts they arent CHEAP by any calculation.

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.

MB_ February 20th 05 06:21 PM

I don't think I agree with your appraisal of EBAY sellers.
I have used EBAY for years and I have only gotten stung one time (and
eventually it got rectified). I just always check the feedback of the seller
and only bid when I'm reasonably confident that I'm dealing with an honest
individual.

So, I'm still hoping to get genuine Canon cartridges at a good price on
Ebay. I'll have to track a few of these currently up for sale and see how
the bids go (they may get very close to market price!)

MB

"Larry" wrote in message
T...
In article , says...

Larry February 21st 05 12:38 AM

In article , says...

I don't think I agree with your appraisal of EBAY sellers.
I have used EBAY for years and I have only gotten stung one time (and
eventually it got rectified). I just always check the feedback of the seller
and only bid when I'm reasonably confident that I'm dealing with an honest
individual.

So, I'm still hoping to get genuine Canon cartridges at a good price on
Ebay. I'll have to track a few of these currently up for sale and see how
the bids go (they may get very close to market price!)

MB

I find E=Bay VERY usefull, just not reliable for inkjet carts (at least Canon
OEM).

The last time I bought "Genuine Canon Factory Carts" from E-Bay, they turned
out to be cheap chinese counterfits with labels that SAID they were Canon,
but some of the mispelled words on the wrapper gave them away.. Majenta or
Cian ink anyone????

On the other hand, I just bought a set of photo-lites with stands and
umbrellas that would have cost over $250 (US) locally for $140 from
"Background Outlet" on E-Bay.

If the bargain seems "to good to be true" it is.

To save enough to offset the shipping, the carts would have to be very
inexpensive, and I've only found REAL OEM cartridges to be cheap when bought
by the dozen (per color). Under those circumstances (usually) you will get
REAL OEM carts.
--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.