PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Canon S3IS and Cokin Filters (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=89473)

Alan McGrath November 27th 07 10:04 AM

Canon S3IS and Cokin Filters

I have a Canon S3 IS camera and would like to attach a polarizing filter to
it. As some of you may know the S3 has a retractable lens barrel. I feel
the only solution is to use a "Cokin" type filter. If anyone has
experience of this combination or something similar I would welcome your
comments.

M.Dalton November 27th 07 10:15 AM

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 23:04:45 +1300, "Alan McGrath" wrote:

I have a Canon S3 IS camera and would like to attach a polarizing filter to
it. As some of you may know the S3 has a retractable lens barrel. I feel
the only solution is to use a "Cokin" type filter. If anyone has
experience of this combination or something similar I would welcome your
comments.

http://www.adorama.com/ICALAS3.html

Use any 58mm threaded filter that you want.

Peter D November 27th 07 01:40 PM

Canon S3IS and Cokin Filters

Iam not sure but this site may be of some use:

http://www.lensmateonline.com/newsite/S2.html

Cheers

Newshound November 27th 07 11:28 PM

Canon S3IS and Cokin Filters

I have a Chinese cheapie from eBay which does the job; I keep it on
permanently with a UV filter, protects the "telescope joints" as well as the
lens