PhotoBanter.com

-   Film & Labs (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Fuji help (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=1346)

Rick Davis September 27th 03 02:49 AM

Fuji help

I have really only used Kodak films and some Agfa, and I was hoping someone
could point me to a comparison or a review of the Fuji films that are
availible.

Looking for 35mm only. I have used Portra 400 from Kodak as well as Agfapan
100 (B&W)...can someone point me to a similar film in Fuji?

Should I even bother?

I appreciate any constructive help or pointers.

Thanks,

Rick Davis
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Gregory W. Blank September 27th 03 03:15 PM

Fuji help

In article ,
"Rick Davis" wrote:

I have really only used Kodak films and some Agfa, and I was hoping someone
could point me to a comparison or a review of the Fuji films that are
availible.

Looking for 35mm only. I have used Portra 400 from Kodak as well as Agfapan
100 (B&W)...can someone point me to a similar film in Fuji?

NPS -100
NPH-400

Should I even bother?

That Depends.

--

website:
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~gblank

Bill Tuthill September 27th 03 08:40 PM

Fuji help

Rick Davis wrote:

I have really only used Kodak films and some Agfa, and I was hoping someone
could point me to a comparison or a review of the Fuji films that are
available. Looking for 35mm only. I have used Portra 400 from Kodak
as well as Agfapan 100...can someone point me to a similar film in Fuji?

There is a Fuji Film FAQ on the web, but it might have too much detail.

Fuji print films that are most worth trying are Reala, new NPH, and NPZ.
Reala is finer-grained and higher-resolution than any Kodak slow film.
Portra 400UC is superior to NPH is most ways, but NPH might be a better
portrait film for certain skin types. NPZ is great for low-light work,
developed push2, although now it's surpassed by a Canon DSLR set to 1600.
I don't shoot much slide film so I will not comment.

Should I even bother?

Personally I like Portra 160NC better than NPS, and find the Kodak and
Agfa B&W films superior to Fuji Neopan. Others may disagree. Superia
is a consumer film and has been quite inconsistent in the past.