PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Sony disappoints by releasing a lame mid-line camera (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=131954)

[email protected] January 27th 19 08:35 PM

Sony disappoints by releasing a lame mid-line camera

On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 20:56:12 -0800 (PST), RichA
wrote:

$900.00 Features some decent features derived from better models, but no IBIS in this day is awful. The crappy kit lens it comes with is wholly-dependent on camera processing to render a decent image and despite the relatively low-cost of the body, you'll end-up spending a mint to maximize its performance because of the lenses you'll need. APS once again is ill-served by a company Hell-bent on forcing people into full-frame. This is the kind of camera that makes people think "Hey, a similarly-capable DSLR is 1/3 less money." Meanwhile, dedicated APS users lament the fact that in long years they've yet to see a worthy successor to the terrific NEX-7.

https://www.dpreview.com/news/976871...rorless-camera

I shoot m4/3, but if Sony ever gets serious about APS-C and produces
some good glass for it I'll be there.

David Taylor January 28th 19 05:32 AM

Sony disappoints by releasing a lame mid-line camera

On 27/01/2019 20:35, wrote:
[]
I shoot m4/3, but if Sony ever gets serious about APS-C and produces
some good glass for it I'll be there.

With the advent of good full-frame mirrorless cameras and professional
MFT models, I see APS-C as becoming increasingly obsolescent.

--
Cheers,
David

[email protected] February 4th 19 06:04 PM

Sony disappoints by releasing a lame mid-line camera

On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 05:32:17 +0000, David Taylor
wrote:

On 27/01/2019 20:35, wrote:
[]
I shoot m4/3, but if Sony ever gets serious about APS-C and produces
some good glass for it I'll be there.

With the advent of good full-frame mirrorless cameras and professional
MFT models, I see APS-C as becoming increasingly obsolescent.

I was wondering about that. It appears that only Fuji is taking APS-C
seriously, so if m4/3 finally does get some traction, maybe that could
be true. I shoot m4/3 nad have no desire to lug around that huge
glass, even if the bodies are small.

But....never say never...