PhotoBanter.com

-   Film & Labs (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Cross-Processing at Walgreens (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=71173)

[email protected] October 9th 06 09:09 AM

Cross-Processing at Walgreens

Has anyone willingly gotten their E-6 film cross-processed at a
Walgreens?

I am curious because, well, I am cheap. (You have to be sometimes when
art consumes your life.) But I will go to a custom lab, if I must.

Looking forward to hearing thoughts on the subject.

Thomas T. Veldhouse October 9th 06 06:32 PM

wrote:
Has anyone willingly gotten their E-6 film cross-processed at a
Walgreens?

I am curious because, well, I am cheap. (You have to be sometimes when
art consumes your life.) But I will go to a custom lab, if I must.

Looking forward to hearing thoughts on the subject.

Their machines will kick it out without opening the canister. I don't believe
they will allow you to override this and cross process as C41. You might have
better luck if you have them mail it out [my local Walgreen's uses Qualex],
but I think you will have limitted luck there as well, and Walgreen's charges
an outrageous fee for this [They wanted to charge me over $10 per roll for
E-6, but when I went to Costco, the same roll is $4.19 and they both ship to
Qualex].

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse