PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Photo from today (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=131658)

m-m July 20th 18 03:58 AM

Photo from today

Behind my house today.
A mother and her baby deer who have no idea humans can be a threat.

http://mhmyers.com/d80/dsc_4920sm.jpg

--
m-m
www.mhmyers.com

Savageduck[_3_] July 20th 18 04:02 AM

Photo from today

On Jul 19, 2018, m-m wrote
(in article ):

Behind my house today.
A mother and her baby deer who have no idea humans can be a threat.

http://mhmyers.com/d80/dsc_4920sm.jpg

Nice capture!

Savageduck

RJH July 20th 18 10:46 AM

Photo from today

On 20/07/2018 04:44, RichA wrote:
On Thursday, 19 July 2018 22:58:29 UTC-4, m-m wrote:
Behind my house today.
A mother and her baby deer who have no idea humans can be a threat.

http://mhmyers.com/d80/dsc_4920sm.jpg

--
m-m
www.mhmyers.com

Very nice - especially the light.

Good looking pair! I got pretty close to this one (54mm lens) until a couple and their dog came along and it bolted!

http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/imag...37853/original

A thing with my DSLR is the clacking shutter mechanism. I've been to a
few public talks at work and the constant shutter noise irritates me
beyond words. And would likely alert wildlife, even with a long reach lens?

Mine's a Canon 40D - not sure if things have improved on that front for
DSLRs.

--
Cheers, Rob

Savageduck[_3_] July 20th 18 11:58 AM

Photo from today

On Jul 20, 2018, RJH wrote
(in article ):

On 20/07/2018 04:44, RichA wrote:
On Thursday, 19 July 2018 22:58:29 UTC-4, m-m wrote:
Behind my house today.
A mother and her baby deer who have no idea humans can be a threat.

http://mhmyers.com/d80/dsc_4920sm.jpg

--
m-m
www.mhmyers.com

Very nice - especially the light.

Good looking pair! I got pretty close to this one (54mm lens) until a
couple and their dog came along and it bolted!

http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/imag...37853/original

A thing with my DSLR is the clacking shutter mechanism. I've been to a
few public talks at work and the constant shutter noise irritates me
beyond words. And would likely alert wildlife, even with a long reach lens?

Mine's a Canon 40D - not sure if things have improved on that front for
DSLRs.

This is one of those times it would be beneficial to have the silent
operation of any mirrorless camera with an electronic shutter, and no noisy
mirror slapping up, and down.

Savageduck

Davoud July 21st 18 10:56 PM

Photo from today

m-m:

Behind my house today.
A mother and her baby deer who have no idea humans can be a threat.

http://mhmyers.com/d80/dsc_4920sm.jpg

Nice. For future reference, they're called "a doe and her fawn."

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm

m-m July 23rd 18 03:50 AM

Photo from today

Also, the doe was one of the two surviving fawn from parents who did
not survive Irma; the eye of the storm passed right through this
habitat.

I have the feeling the fawn's parents are siblings.

In article , m-m
wrote:

Duly noted. :)

Carlos E.R. July 23rd 18 09:27 AM

Photo from today

On 2018-07-20 11:46, RJH wrote:

A thing with my DSLR is the clacking shutter mechanism. I've been to a
few public talks at work and the constant shutter noise irritates me
beyond words. And would likely alert wildlife, even with a long reach lens?

Mine's a Canon 40D - not sure if things have improved on that front for
DSLRs.

When using the electronic display they can more silent, the mirror
doesn't move.

--
Cheers, Carlos.