PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Thumbnail puzzle (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=126962)

Martin Brown February 14th 14 03:03 PM

Thumbnail puzzle

On 14/02/2014 13:15, Terry Pinnell wrote:
This illustration is hopefully self-explanatory:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...nailPuzzle.jpg

I can't get my mind around this inconsistency and it's making me
uncertain what files I'm working with!

(I've posted in a couple of PSP groups too.)

I'll hazard a guess that the file in question has PNG transparency
settings that Explorer recognises and many imaging apps do not.

Be easier to comment after looking at the actual small file.

Martin Brown

Nil February 14th 14 08:12 PM

Thumbnail puzzle

On 14 Feb 2014, Terry Pinnell wrote in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

And here's the example PNG you requested:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...nalExample.png

Irfanview, Gimp, and Photoshop CS2 all show it with a transparent
background.