PhotoBanter.com

-   Large Format Photography Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Picking a head (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=119372)

Howard Lester[_3_] July 1st 11 07:18 PM

Picking a head

"Cheesehead" wrote

I recently acquired a big Bogen 3036 tripod.
It came with 3047/029 head..
I'd like to use with with the Eastman 2D.

I'm not at all familiar with the Eastman 2D. I have a 3047 head atop a Bogen
3020 tripod. I use my 6 lb. (+ lens) Zone VI 4x5 on it, and it works fine. I
removed the center column and replaced it with a special plate that was made
by Kirk ? Enterprises. That did increase the overall stability.
Unfortunately Kirk doesn't make that plate anymore, as far as I can tell.

Howard