PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Seeking face-recognition app. (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=131721)

Peter Jason September 4th 18 03:23 AM

Seeking face-recognition app.

I have thousands of scanned & digital photos.

I want to sort them by facial characteristics.

Is there an app for this job?

Please help, Peter

nospam September 4th 18 03:38 AM

Seeking face-recognition app.

In article , Peter Jason
wrote:

I have thousands of scanned & digital photos.

I want to sort them by facial characteristics.

Is there an app for this job?

several.

adobe lightroom, apple photos, windows 10 photos and google photos have
face recognition.

Peter Jason September 4th 18 05:17 AM

Seeking face-recognition app.

On Mon, 03 Sep 2018 22:38:49 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Peter Jason
wrote:

I have thousands of scanned & digital photos.

I want to sort them by facial characteristics.

Is there an app for this job?

several.

adobe lightroom, apple photos, windows 10 photos and google photos have
face recognition.

Windows10 Photos looks very good.
Thanks

ray carter September 4th 18 03:43 PM

On Tue, 04 Sep 2018 12:23:37 +1000, Peter Jason wrote:

I have thousands of scanned & digital photos.

I want to sort them by facial characteristics.

Is there an app for this job?

Please help, Peter

To each his/her own. I'd start with opencv.

Peter Jason September 4th 18 10:51 PM

Seeking face-recognition app.

On 4 Sep 2018 14:43:33 GMT, ray carter
wrote:

On Tue, 04 Sep 2018 12:23:37 +1000, Peter Jason wrote:

I have thousands of scanned & digital photos.

I want to sort them by facial characteristics.

Is there an app for this job?

Please help, Peter

To each his/her own. I'd start with opencv.

Thanks; looks interesting.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenCV

Peter Jason September 6th 18 12:21 AM

Seeking face-recognition app.

On Mon, 03 Sep 2018 22:38:49 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Peter Jason
wrote:

I have thousands of scanned & digital photos.

I want to sort them by facial characteristics.

Is there an app for this job?

several.

adobe lightroom, apple photos, windows 10 photos and google photos have
face recognition.

The MS Photo app is very slow to add images, and
gives no indication the process is occurring. I
have to use Task Manager to see if it's still
working.

nospam September 6th 18 05:16 AM

wrote:

I have thousands of scanned & digital photos.

I want to sort them by facial characteristics.

Is there an app for this job?

several.

adobe lightroom, apple photos, windows 10 photos and google photos have
face recognition.

The MS Photo app is very slow to add images, and
gives no indication the process is occurring. I
have to use Task Manager to see if it's still
working.

then use one of the other suggestions or search for alternatives. face
recognition is not uncommon anymore.