PhotoBanter.com

-   Digital ZLR Cameras (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Lensbaby Sponsored Selective Blur Photography Competition Winnerand Finalists (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=83646)

Wayne J. Cosshall July 20th 07 02:04 PM

Lensbaby Sponsored Selective Blur Photography Competition Winnerand Finalists

Hi All,

The winner of the Lensbaby photography competition has been decided:
http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1048

Congratulations to C. David Tobie and all the finalists.

Also a reminder that the August DIMi competition is an amateur sport
photography competition:
http://www.dimagemaker.com/comps/thinktank/aug07.php

and the July Macro photography competition is still open:
http://www.dimagemaker.com/comps/thinktank/july07.php

Cheers,

Wayne

--
Wayne J. Cosshall
Publisher, Experimental Digital Photography

DBLEXPOSURE[_2_] July 20th 07 07:58 PM

Lensbaby Sponsored Selective Blur Photography Competition Winner and Finalists

"Wayne J. Cosshall" wrote in message
u...
Hi All,

The winner of the Lensbaby photography competition has been decided:
http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1048

The guy gets six views and wins the contest. I didn't even like the photo.
I did kinda like this one tho, not for photographic reasons mind you,

http://www.digitalimagemakerworld.co..._conu.jpg.html

Not impressed with the entries...

PZ

marrer July 20th 07 09:33 PM

DBLEXPOSURE wrote:
"Wayne J. Cosshall" wrote in message
u...
Hi All,

The winner of the Lensbaby photography competition has been decided:
http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1048

The guy gets six views and wins the contest. I didn't even like the photo.
I did kinda like this one tho, not for photographic reasons mind you,

http://www.digitalimagemakerworld.co..._conu.jpg.html

Not impressed with the entries...

PZ

if i was there, photography would not have been the first thing on my
mind!!!!

i thought the winner was great,although a little too perfect for my taste!

Wayne J. Cosshall July 20th 07 10:22 PM

Lensbaby Sponsored Selective Blur Photography Competition Winnerand Finalists

The judging happens offline and so the number of views has nothing to do
with it.

If you are not impressed with the standard of entries, perhaps you
should enter next time.

Nervous Nick July 21st 07 01:17 AM

On Jul 20, 4:22 pm, "Wayne J. Cosshall" wrote:
The judging happens offline and so the number of views has nothing to do
with it.

If you are not impressed with the standard of entries, perhaps you
should enter next time.

Hi Wayne!

The Lensbaby is a stupid name for a stupid, gimmicky product. I do,
however, salute the person or company that makes money off of it:
There is a sucker born every minute, as it has been said, and they
deserve to be had.

I am neither impressed with the standard of the entries (I think they
all suck), nor the pathetic hawking of this useless product.

I am having my period (a heavy flow day) so forgive me if I am unduly
polite.

--
YOP...

Matt Clara July 21st 07 02:39 AM

"marrer" wrote in message
DBLEXPOSURE wrote:
"Wayne J. Cosshall" wrote in message
u...
Hi All,

The winner of the Lensbaby photography competition has been decided:
http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1048

The guy gets six views and wins the contest. I didn't even like the
photo. I did kinda like this one tho, not for photographic reasons mind
you,

http://www.digitalimagemakerworld.co..._conu.jpg.html

Not impressed with the entries...

PZ

if i was there, photography would not have been the first thing on my
mind!!!!

i thought the winner was great,although a little too perfect for my taste!

Ya know, those pics of Tuscany with the clump of trees in a field are
cliché, but, all the same, that's a kick ass picture. To me, the only thing
perfect about it are the clouds, the rest could use just a touch more
exposure. Or maybe not. I'd have to see to be sure... ;-)

--
www.mattclara.com

Robert Coe July 21st 07 11:08 PM

Lensbaby Sponsored Selective Blur Photography Competition Winner and Finalists

:
: If you are not impressed with the standard of entries, perhaps you
: should enter next time.

Or volunteer to serve as a judge. The second-guessers could find out first
hand how easy it isn't. ;^)

Bob

G.T. July 25th 07 03:41 AM

"DBLEXPOSURE" wrote in message

"Wayne J. Cosshall" wrote in message
u...
Hi All,

The winner of the Lensbaby photography competition has been decided:
http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1048

The guy gets six views and wins the contest. I didn't even like the
photo. I did kinda like this one tho, not for photographic reasons mind
you,

http://www.digitalimagemakerworld.co..._conu.jpg.html

Not impressed with the entries...

I liked that one along with his other shot, both of Richard Cooke's, Elmo
the Chihuahua, and mine, of course.

Greg
--
Ticket******* tax tracker: