PhotoBanter.com

-   Digital SLR Cameras (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Thouoght I'd share some pictures (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=84374)

Dennis August 9th 07 10:40 AM

Thouoght I'd share some pictures

www.dspappa.com/eyestravel/index.html

Alan Browne August 9th 07 04:17 PM

Thouoght I'd share some pictures

Dennis wrote:
www.dspappa.com/eyestravel/index.html

Please don't. While posting an image or two for specific equipment or
technique discussion is welcome, posting of entire collections just for
the hell of it is not.

Tony Gartshore[_2_] August 9th 07 06:05 PM

Thouoght I'd share some pictures

In article ,
says...
Dennis wrote:
www.dspappa.com/eyestravel/index.html

Please don't. While posting an image or two for specific equipment or
technique discussion is welcome, posting of entire collections just for
the hell of it is not.

All he's posted is a link to his website...

Good luck to you Dennis..

T.

Alan Browne August 9th 07 11:47 PM

Thouoght I'd share some pictures

Tony Gartshore wrote:
In article ,
says...
Dennis wrote:
www.dspappa.com/eyestravel/index.html
Please don't. While posting an image or two for specific equipment or
technique discussion is welcome, posting of entire collections just for
the hell of it is not.

All he's posted is a link to his website...

The point is to not post pointless posts directing to a website for that
purpose alone. Posting photos directly to this ng (as an attachement
aka binary) is also not permitted by the NG charter. (2nd link below).

Posting an image link to discuss an issue with equipment or technique is
another matter as stated above.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.

Celcius August 10th 07 01:37 PM

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
Dennis wrote:
www.dspappa.com/eyestravel/index.html

Please don't. While posting an image or two for specific equipment or
technique discussion is welcome, posting of entire collections just for
the hell of it is not.

Mind you, Alan, posting the link is not all that bad. One can decide to see
or see.
However, my advice to the OP is if he's going to post on the Internet for
this group or ANY person, family, whatever, he should refrain from printing:
*Eyes of Pappa Photography* at the bottom of every photo. It ruins them all.
Marcel

Robert Coe August 10th 07 08:17 PM

Thouoght I'd share some pictures

On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 18:47:50 -0400, Alan Browne
wrote:
: Tony Gartshore wrote:
: In article ,
: says...
: Dennis wrote:
:
www.dspappa.com/eyestravel/index.html
: Please don't. While posting an image or two for specific equipment or
: technique discussion is welcome, posting of entire collections just for
: the hell of it is not.
:
: All he's posted is a link to his website...
:
: The point is to not post pointless posts directing to a website for that
: purpose alone. Posting photos directly to this ng (as an attachement
: aka binary) is also not permitted by the NG charter. (2nd link below).
:
: Posting an image link to discuss an issue with equipment or technique is
: another matter as stated above.

Fair enough. But where is the prohibition against posting a link to one's
pictures? What is your definition of the words "permitted" and "encouraged" in
the following quotation from the newsgroup's charter?

"Can we include photographs with our postings to r.p.d.slr-systems?

No. The charter of the newsgroup prohibits the attaching of photographs and
other attachments (usually referred to as binaries.) However, posting links to
photographs is permitted, even encouraged whenever discussion of a particular
problem or desired result are discussed."

Bob

Robert Coe August 10th 07 08:25 PM

Thouoght I'd share some pictures

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:37:10 -0400, "Celcius" wrote:
:
: "Alan Browne" wrote in message
: ...
: Dennis wrote:
: www.dspappa.com/eyestravel/index.html
:
: Please don't. While posting an image or two for specific equipment or
: technique discussion is welcome, posting of entire collections just for
: the hell of it is not.
:
: Mind you, Alan, posting the link is not all that bad. One can decide to see
: or see.
: However, my advice to the OP is if he's going to post on the Internet for
: this group or ANY person, family, whatever, he should refrain from printing:
: *Eyes of Pappa Photography* at the bottom of every photo. It ruins them all.
: Marcel

That's the objective, isn't it? He wants to show them to us without the risk
that someone will rip them off. If you like a picture enough to care that the
legend is there, then you should buy it; and then Dennis will send you the
high-resolution version without the legend. Makes perfect sense to me.

Bob

Pete D August 10th 07 09:26 PM

"Robert Coe" wrote in message
On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 18:47:50 -0400, Alan Browne
wrote:
: Tony Gartshore wrote:
: In article ,
: says...
: Dennis wrote:
:
[...]

Alan should probably take his PBase link off his sig then?

Pete D August 10th 07 09:27 PM

:
: Dennis wrote:
[...]

Not really, this is not a comercial group and anyone that uses it for that
should be immediatly killfilled.

Tony Polson August 10th 07 10:20 PM

"Pete D" wrote:

Alan should probably take his PBase link off his sig then?

Don't be silly. None of Alan's little "rules" ever apply to Alan!