PhotoBanter.com

-   -   [NG] news:rec.photo.digital.slr-systems is online (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=17577)

Alan Browne October 31st 04 04:26 PM

[NG] news:rec.photo.digital.slr-systems is online

For those unaware, r.p.e.slr-systems has been operating for a few days now.

Please take all digital SLR camera specific discussions there.

The new newsgroup is for cameras such as the Canon 10D/20D/D60, 1Ds, Nikon D100,
D70, D2X/H, D1X/H Pentax D *ist D, Fuji S3, Minolta Maxxum/Dynax 7D and similar
cameras.

That is to say, SLR cameras that use interchangeable lenses, accessory flashes, etc.

It will take a while to build critical mass. So please participate
enthusiastically while keeping expectations moderate until it does build up some
steam.

Your ISP may not yet be carrying it ... send them e-mail...

Try clicking: news:rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

(Personally I'm a bit frustrated as my own ISP hasn't started carrying it yet
.... but it is available via Google Groups).

Cheers,
Alan.

Alfred Molon October 31st 04 05:16 PM

In article ,
says...

For those unaware, r.p.e.slr-systems has been operating for a few days now.

Please take all digital SLR camera specific discussions there.

The new newsgroup is for cameras such as the Canon 10D/20D/D60, 1Ds, Nikon D100,
D70, D2X/H, D1X/H Pentax D *ist D, Fuji S3, Minolta Maxxum/Dynax 7D and similar
cameras.

The Sigma is not allowed ?
--

Alfred Molon

Fi Nishing October 31st 04 05:21 PM

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
.. .

For those unaware, r.p.e.slr-systems has been operating for a few days

now.

Please take all digital SLR camera specific discussions there.

No.

The new newsgroup is for cameras such as the Canon 10D/20D/D60, 1Ds, Nikon

D100,
D70, D2X/H, D1X/H Pentax D *ist D, Fuji S3, Minolta Maxxum/Dynax 7D and

similar
cameras.

Well, I qualify, but my friend with a 300D apparently doesn't

ejb October 31st 04 05:26 PM

Please take all digital SLR camera specific discussions there.

That is to say, SLR cameras that use interchangeable lenses, accessory

flashes, etc.

So,as I use an Oly E20 digital slr,there'll be nothing here for me then.

Michael October 31st 04 05:42 PM

"Alan Browne" wrote in message .. .

For those unaware, r.p.e.slr-systems has been operating for a few days now.

Please take all digital SLR camera specific discussions there.

The new newsgroup is for cameras such as the Canon 10D/20D/D60, 1Ds, Nikon D100,
D70, D2X/H, D1X/H Pentax D *ist D, Fuji S3, Minolta Maxxum/Dynax 7D and similar
cameras.

That is to say, SLR cameras that use interchangeable lenses, accessory flashes, etc.

It will take a while to build critical mass. So please participate
enthusiastically while keeping expectations moderate until it does build up some
steam.

Your ISP may not yet be carrying it ... send them e-mail...

Earthlink, the world's second largest ISP have not added any
new groups since 1/1/04, including these groups. So a large
chunk of SLR discussion will remain here at least for the
foreseeable future. You'll have to read both groups if you
want full coverage.

Mike