PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Nikon's first QC disaster is...made in CHINA! (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=107964)

knotnau August 14th 09 01:11 AM

Nikon's first QC disaster is...made in CHINA!

My recalled D5000 is stamped "Made in Thailand."
Whoever Rich, RichA etc really is: what a putz whoever you are.

Bob[_17_] August 14th 09 03:02 PM

Nikon's first QC disaster is...made in CHINA!

In article 375bac39-78a9-4ec1-9dd7-
, says...
-:
-:
-:knotnau wrote:
-: My recalled D5000 is stamped "Made in Thailand."
-: Whoever Rich, RichA etc really is: what a putz whoever you are.
-:
-:Only a handful. Most are Chinese.
-: For all we know,

" " sums it up perfectly.

Ray Fischer August 14th 09 07:52 PM

RichA wrote:

knotnau wrote:
My recalled D5000 is stamped "Made in Thailand."
Whoever Rich, RichA etc really is: what a putz whoever you are.

Only a handful. Most are Chinese. For all we know, you're was
assembled there.

Quite the racist troll, aren't you?

--
Ray Fischer

Ray Fischer August 15th 09 09:12 AM

RichA wrote:
Ray Fischer wrote:
RichA wrote:
knotnau wrote:
My recalled D5000 is stamped "Made in Thailand."
Whoever Rich, RichA etc really is: what a putz whoever you are.

Only a handful. Most are Chinese. For all we know, you're was
assembled there.

Quite the racist troll, aren't you?

Where there's smoke there's fire. The Chinese have been caught out
hundreds of times shipping contaminated products abroad.

And doubtless you believe that Blacks are inferior and you'll trot out
crime statistics to prove it.

--
Ray Fischer

Ray Fischer August 15th 09 02:34 PM

RichA wrote:
Ray Fischer wrote:
RichA wrote:
Ray Fischer wrote:
RichA wrote:
knotnau wrote:
My recalled D5000 is stamped "Made in Thailand."
Whoever Rich, RichA etc really is: what a putz whoever you are.

Only a handful. Most are Chinese. For all we know, you're was
assembled there.

Quite the racist troll, aren't you?

Where there's smoke there's fire. The Chinese have been caught out
hundreds of times shipping contaminated products abroad.

And doubtless you believe that Blacks are inferior and you'll trot out
crime statistics to prove it.

Statistics are a waste of time on the math illiterates out there.

That coming _from_ one of the math illiterates.

--
Ray Fischer

Strongbox August 16th 09 05:46 PM

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 20:21:16 -0700 (PDT), RichA wrote:

Where there's smoke there's fire. The Chinese have been caught out
hundreds of times shipping contaminated products abroad. Now, they'll
do anything to protect their overseas markets so they are quick to do
something about those products when they get CAUGHT. But who knows
how many of their own people have sickened and died because of this
kind of thing? I'll bet they were positively surprised when they
realized life isn't treated as cheaply in the West as it is in the
East.

My neighbor lost three show dogs to the tainted pet food awhile back due to
the Chinese contamination.

Alan Browne August 16th 09 06:05 PM

Strongbox wrote:
On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 20:21:16 -0700 (PDT), RichA wrote:

Where there's smoke there's fire. The Chinese have been caught out
hundreds of times shipping contaminated products abroad. Now, they'll
do anything to protect their overseas markets so they are quick to do
something about those products when they get CAUGHT. But who knows
how many of their own people have sickened and died because of this
kind of thing? I'll bet they were positively surprised when they
realized life isn't treated as cheaply in the West as it is in the
East.

My neighbor lost three show dogs to the tainted pet food awhile back due to
the Chinese contamination.

Remember "cheap Japanese" products from the 60's?

Then during the 70's they had a quiet quality revolution and by the
mid-80's the notion of "cheap Japanese" products disappeared.

The same will happen in China (and many companies there are already
producing to 6 Sigma performance). It will take time to weed out the
worst and improve the best. By 2020 or so, China will be where S. Korea
is today in quality terms and in far more companies. The shoddiest will
disappear (unlike Japan the Chinese do not have a culture of protecting
failing companies, at least that I've heard of).

The government, recognizing the danger of tainted (deliberately or
otherwise) products, will impose stricter standards.

GMAN[_10_] August 16th 09 06:29 PM

In article , Strongbox wrote:
On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 20:21:16 -0700 (PDT), RichA wrote:

Where there's smoke there's fire. The Chinese have been caught out
hundreds of times shipping contaminated products abroad. Now, they'll
do anything to protect their overseas markets so they are quick to do
something about those products when they get CAUGHT. But who knows
how many of their own people have sickened and died because of this
kind of thing? I'll bet they were positively surprised when they
realized life isn't treated as cheaply in the West as it is in the
East.

My neighbor lost three show dogs to the tainted pet food awhile back due to
the Chinese contamination.

So your neighbor was more worried that he/she lost a dog show than he/she was
of losing her dogs? WTF??????????????

John McWilliams August 16th 09 11:18 PM

GMAN wrote:
In article , Strongbox wrote:
On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 20:21:16 -0700 (PDT), RichA wrote:

Where there's smoke there's fire. The Chinese have been caught out
hundreds of times shipping contaminated products abroad. Now, they'll
do anything to protect their overseas markets so they are quick to do
something about those products when they get CAUGHT. But who knows
how many of their own people have sickened and died because of this
kind of thing? I'll bet they were positively surprised when they
realized life isn't treated as cheaply in the West as it is in the
East.

My neighbor lost three show dogs to the tainted pet food awhile back due to
the Chinese contamination.

So your neighbor was more worried that he/she lost a dog show than he/she was
of losing her dogs? WTF??????????????

Nah, lost the dogs, not the show, although sick dogs (much less dead
ones) don't show well.

--
lsmft

Savageduck[_4_] August 17th 09 12:51 AM

On 2009-08-16 15:18:29 -0700, John McWilliams said:

GMAN wrote:
In article , Strongbox
wrote:
[...]

Then why feed them cheap, bargain basment Walmart dog food when there
are safe premium products around for not too much more?
It seems like a counter productive savings .

Savageduck