PhotoBanter.com

-   35mm Photo Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Black & white filter selections (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=53019)

JimKramer December 6th 05 09:21 PM

Black & white filter selections

I foolishly thought I could Google this quickly and find a reference
page, but after a Googling attempt at:

proper use of color filters for black and white photography

And finding such wondrous sites as

http://www.ghostresearch.org/ghostpi...cles/tips.html

http://photographytips.com/page.cfm/300

Does any one have a good internet reference for color filters for black
and white photography? I am looking for selection criteria, effects
and samples.

Jim

Nick Zentena December 6th 05 10:53 PM

JimKramer wrote:

Does any one have a good internet reference for color filters for black
and white photography? I am looking for selection criteria, effects
and samples.

I think the Scheinder website has a large PDF doc on it's B&W filters. You
could just download the section on the B&W B&W filters. BTW who thought to
name a filter company B&W -)

Filters filter out thier opposite colour.

So yellow filters out blue
Red filters out blue and green
Orange is in between.

Nick

--
---------------------------------------
"Digital the new ice fishing"

Alan Browne December 7th 05 12:36 AM

JimKramer wrote:
I foolishly thought I could Google this quickly and find a reference
page, but after a Googling attempt at:

Most photo stores have a Hoya or similar catalog with filter guides and
examples in the collateral rack.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.

Sander Vesik December 7th 05 02:28 AM

Nick Zentena wrote:

I think the Scheinder website has a large PDF doc on it's B&W filters. You
could just download the section on the B&W B&W filters. BTW who thought to
name a filter company B&W -)

Its B+W not B&W. And iirc its the initial letters of the two founders'
family names.

--
Sander

+++ Out of cheese error +++