PhotoBanter.com

-   35mm Photo Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS !!! (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=11661)

Annika1980 August 29th 04 12:45 AM

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS !!!

Figured I better post this early since this is a special order job.

http://www.pbase.com/image/33066908

I understand if you order now, it comes with a Vietnamese guy or gal.

"Boo-koo lens. Me love you long time!"

Richard H. Weiner August 29th 04 02:26 AM

Yup, it's true...size *does* matter!

EarGuy August 29th 04 04:44 AM

"Annika1980" wrote in message
Figured I better post this early since this is a special order job.

http://www.pbase.com/image/33066908

I understand if you order now, it comes with a Vietnamese guy or gal.

I have a few questions about this lens...

Do you think I can hand-hold it if a tripod is inconvenient?
Will my Tamron teleconverter work with it?
Do they make it in an f/1.8?
Should I use a filter on the front to protect it, since I knock my lenses
around a little bit?
Can I macro focus to within six inches with it?
Why should I use that, when a zoom lens is so much more flexible?

There may still be a place for that lens in my bag. I'll see if I can get
it on ebay for under a hundred bucks. If not, I'll get one of those mirror
f/8 500mm lenses and put my 3x teleconverter on it. It'll be the about same
thing, right?

Dave
earguy

Bhup August 29th 04 07:24 AM

will it fit my centon body ?
:)

--
All outgoing emails are scanned with Norton Antivirus 2003

Alan Browne August 29th 04 06:07 PM

Annika1980 wrote:

Figured I better post this early since this is a special order job.

http://www.pbase.com/image/33066908

I understand if you order now, it comes with a Vietnamese guy or gal.

"Boo-koo lens. Me love you long time!"

A mere $110,000 or so. ... wait 'til payday, Bret.

If you buy 10 of them, they throw in a free filter.

Can I use that with my bellows kit?

what is surprising is the ballhead... a Wimberely would make much
more sense.

Cheers,
Alan

Brian Fane August 29th 04 07:20 PM

From: "EarGuy"

http://www.pbase.com/image/33066908

Should I use a filter on the front to protect it, since I knock my lenses
around a little bit?

Yes, but the filter size is a bit tricky. However, I believe that the
windshield of a '84 Monte Carlo fits perfectly.

Actually, they use a gel filter on the camera-end of the lens. This does
a faboulous job at protecting the lens from things launched forward from
the mirror when it flips up. I use one frequently, since I drop things
into my camera a bit too often.

Martin Francis August 29th 04 07:37 PM

"Annika1980" wrote in message
Figured I better post this early since this is a special order job.

http://www.pbase.com/image/33066908

I understand if you order now, it comes with a Vietnamese guy or gal.

"Boo-koo lens. Me love you long time!"

If you think that's impressive, wait 'til you see the four foot long
extension tube needed for true macro.

no, and yes...."

Patrick L. August 30th 04 12:40 AM

"Richard H. Weiner" wrote in message
Yup, it's true...size *does* matter!

Pretty big, for a white one :)

Patrick

sojourner August 30th 04 06:12 AM

"Annika1980" wrote in message
Figured I better post this early since this is a special order job.

http://www.pbase.com/image/33066908

I understand if you order now, it comes with a Vietnamese guy or gal.

"Boo-koo lens. Me love you long time!"

If you've got mortgage money to spend on a lens, you'd think you could
afford a Whimberly Gimbal to mount it on. He is one loose adjustment away
from toppling that whole setup with Arca-Swiss ball head.

- Harrison