PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Nikon Capture Editor 3.5.0 vs Nikon View Editor 6.0.0 (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=10755)

Anonymous August 25th 04 10:56 PM

Nikon Capture Editor 3.5.0 vs Nikon View Editor 6.0.0

Somehow I've got both Nikon Capture Editor 3.5.0 and Nikon View Editor 6.0.0 installed on my PC.

Can anyone tell me the relative strengths and weaknesses of both? Do I need both?

Thanks---

Anonymous August 28th 04 05:27 AM

D100

"Ed Ruf" wrote in message
On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:56:25 -0700, in rec.photo.digital "Anonymous"
wrote:

Somehow I've got both Nikon Capture Editor 3.5.0 and Nikon View Editor

6.0.0 installed on my PC.

Can anyone tell me the relative strengths and weaknesses of both? Do I

need both?

What camera? The capture editor allows more control to the processing
of raw NEF files, IIRC.
Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 )
See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
http://EdwardGRuf.com

Clyde Torres August 28th 04 07:30 PM

"Anonymous" wrote in message news:fW7Xc.40874$yh.11985@fed1read05...
Somehow I've got both Nikon Capture Editor 3.5.0 and Nikon View Editor 6.0.0 installed on my PC.

Can anyone tell me the relative strengths and weaknesses of both? Do I need both?

Thanks---

I have Nikon Capture 4.0 installed on my laptop, and it came with my D70. I surely am glad it expired after a 30 day free trial, because it sucks big time.

I guess when you're spoiled by Adobe Photoshop CS, anything less sucks big time. Now it's time to uninstall Nikon Capture 4.0 and hope it doesn't leave any remnants.

Clyde Torres
"Say it five times really fast"