PhotoBanter.com

-   Digital SLR Cameras (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   20D as movie camera? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=46016)

Skip M April 25th 05 03:01 AM

20D as movie camera?

A friend sent me this link the other day. I think it's a cool concept...

http://patrykrebisz.com/stills/FINAL_movie.html

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

C Wright April 25th 05 05:02 AM

On 4/24/05 9:01 PM, in article AbYae.69535$lz2.58086@fed1read07, "Skip M"
wrote:

A friend sent me this link the other day. I think it's a cool concept...

http://patrykrebisz.com/stills/FINAL_movie.html

Thanks for the link - a really novel and interesting idea! That certainly
was a *lot* of 20D exposures. Those clicking on the link should be
forewarned that a fast connection helps a lot.
Chuck

Slack April 25th 05 06:49 AM

Skip M wrote:

A friend sent me this link the other day. I think it's a cool concept...

http://patrykrebisz.com/stills/FINAL_movie.html

Yes, very cool
--
Slack

David J Taylor April 25th 05 07:38 AM

Skip M wrote:
A friend sent me this link the other day. I think it's a cool
concept...
http://patrykrebisz.com/stills/FINAL_movie.html

Warning - loud noise on Web site and extra Quicktime plug in stated to be
required.

David

Roxy d'Urban April 25th 05 01:48 PM

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 19:01:07 -0700, Skip M wrote:

A friend sent me this link the other day. I think it's a cool concept...

http://patrykrebisz.com/stills/FINAL_movie.html

HAd all sorts of problems with Quiktime plug-ins in IE. Corrupted files
during download, etc.

Must be a Canon thing. :-)

--
Be careful what you wish for.

Darrell April 25th 05 02:30 PM

. ..
wrote:

A friend sent me this link the other day. I think it's a cool concept...

http://patrykrebisz.com/stills/FINAL_movie.html

Thanks for the link - a really novel and interesting idea! That certainly
was a *lot* of 20D exposures. Those clicking on the link should be
forewarned that a fast connection helps a lot.
Chuck

I would assume he was using a notebook and remote assistant type software to
get around the buffer problems.

leo April 25th 05 03:01 PM

Darrell wrote:
. ..

wrote:

A friend sent me this link the other day. I think it's a cool concept...

http://patrykrebisz.com/stills/FINAL_movie.html

Thanks for the link - a really novel and interesting idea! That certainly
was a *lot* of 20D exposures. Those clicking on the link should be
forewarned that a fast connection helps a lot.
Chuck

I would assume he was using a notebook and remote assistant type software to
get around the buffer problems.

How about using small JPG? The buffer might be sufficient. I personally
would just use my Elura camcorder in progressive mode to fake it or
better yet a S2. ;)

Alan Browne April 25th 05 03:26 PM

Skip M wrote:

A friend sent me this link the other day. I think it's a cool concept...

http://patrykrebisz.com/stills/FINAL_movie.html

Well done, though the sound track is irritating as hell.

-- slr-systems FAQ project: http://tinyurl.com/6m9aw
-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.

Skip M April 26th 05 02:07 AM

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
Skip M wrote:

A friend sent me this link the other day. I think it's a cool concept...

http://patrykrebisz.com/stills/FINAL_movie.html

Well done, though the sound track is irritating as hell.

Yeah, I just turned the sound down. A motor drive sound track is sort of
irrelevant, isn't it?