PhotoBanter.com

-   -   I watch OOF highlights on TV shows and movies (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=132952)

newshound September 19th 20 05:19 PM

I watch OOF highlights on TV shows and movies

On 15/09/2020 00:55, RichA wrote:
They make me curious. I've seen some weird effects, plus you can determine what kind of diaphragm the lens had. But I did see something odd the other day. Looks like the lens had something over it.

https://pbase.com/andersonrm/image/171038482

Pretty common in the Hollywood days to use a gauze to soften portraits
of ladies of a certain age.

Alan Browne[_2_] September 19th 20 05:25 PM

On 2020-09-19 12:19, newshound wrote:
On 15/09/2020 00:55, RichA wrote:
They make me curious.Â* I've seen some weird effects, plus you can
determine what kind of diaphragm the lens had.Â* But I did see
something odd the other day.Â* Looks like the lens had something over it.

https://pbase.com/andersonrm/image/171038482

Pretty common in the Hollywood days to use a gauze to soften portraits
of ladies of a certain age.

In some older TV shows the transition from a soft filter on one actor to
no filter on another was easily seen. Harder to film them both together
though...

--
"...there are many humorous things in this world; among them the white
man's notion that he is less savage than the other savages."

Eric Stevens September 20th 20 10:47 AM

I watch OOF highlights on TV shows and movies

On Sat, 19 Sep 2020 17:19:41 +0100, newshound
wrote:

On 15/09/2020 00:55, RichA wrote:
They make me curious. I've seen some weird effects, plus you can determine what kind of diaphragm the lens had. But I did see something odd the other day. Looks like the lens had something over it.

https://pbase.com/andersonrm/image/171038482

Pretty common in the Hollywood days to use a gauze to soften portraits
of ladies of a certain age.

Either that or vaseline on the lens.

Eric Stevens