PhotoBanter.com

-   Digital SLR Cameras (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Pinhole test (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=125233)

Alan Browne February 3rd 13 07:43 PM

Pinhole test

I haven't made a pinhole photo since I was a kid. Seemed like magic
then but it's a pain now...

Fullframe 80mm f/170. ISO 800 0.5s

http://www.dropbox.com/s/d1x2j89iw0n8wo6/House.jpg

I used a photodiox lens adaptor on my camera with a sheet of ordinary
kitchen alu-foil. I punched a hole (about 0.47mm) in the center.

I think the hole is not perfectly round and that the dimple on the back
side contribute to the hazy look of the image.

It's also a great way (as you can see) to see all the crud on the
sensor! Gotta get out the cleaning kit obviously...

Not satisfying at all - so I'll look into buying a "precision" pinhole.

If I get better results with that I'll look into more interesting subjects.

--
"There were, unfortunately, no great principles on which parties
were divided – politics became a mere struggle for office."

[email protected] February 4th 13 12:11 AM

Pinhole test

On Sun, 03 Feb 2013 14:43:42 -0500, Alan Browne
wrote:

I haven't made a pinhole photo since I was a kid. Seemed like magic
then but it's a pain now...

Fullframe 80mm f/170. ISO 800 0.5s

http://www.dropbox.com/s/d1x2j89iw0n8wo6/House.jpg

I used a photodiox lens adaptor on my camera with a sheet of ordinary
kitchen alu-foil. I punched a hole (about 0.47mm) in the center.

I think the hole is not perfectly round and that the dimple on the back
side contribute to the hazy look of the image.

It's also a great way (as you can see) to see all the crud on the
sensor! Gotta get out the cleaning kit obviously...

Not satisfying at all - so I'll look into buying a "precision" pinhole.

If I get better results with that I'll look into more interesting subjects.

That looks similar, perhaps better, than one I took last summer for fun... I
used a macro lens extension tube with some aluminum foil over it and just poked
a hole in it as well.

Rob February 4th 13 01:31 AM

Pinhole test

On 4/02/2013 6:43 AM, Alan Browne wrote:

I haven't made a pinhole photo since I was a kid. Seemed like magic
then but it's a pain now...

Fullframe 80mm f/170. ISO 800 0.5s

http://www.dropbox.com/s/d1x2j89iw0n8wo6/House.jpg

I used a photodiox lens adaptor on my camera with a sheet of ordinary
kitchen alu-foil. I punched a hole (about 0.47mm) in the center.

I think the hole is not perfectly round and that the dimple on the back
side contribute to the hazy look of the image.

It's also a great way (as you can see) to see all the crud on the
sensor! Gotta get out the cleaning kit obviously...

Not satisfying at all - so I'll look into buying a "precision" pinhole.

If I get better results with that I'll look into more interesting subjects.

As for the pin hole use a thicker foil, I use a aluminium tape.

When the foil is pieced the hole is much sharper than using cooking foil.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...=5472880&rt=c3